Abortion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brad H.
    To Pro Life members- I understand what your views on life are and why they are that way but i would like to know why you prosecute women and doctors who choose to have this procedure done, its okay for you to not have an abortion but if its their right to privacy no how they control and take care of their bodies why do you try to control that aspect of someones life

User Detail :  

Name : Brad H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Sutter Creek, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

DaneR
    Participant
    I don't persecute people, its not against the law, it doesn't mean I apporve but hey it's not my place and it's not against the law. This may be a bit off the topic but my question why do people who kill pregnant women get blamed for the murder of no only the woman but the baby too? but then a woman who has an abortion has not committed the same crime of murder that the killer of the pregnant woman and her child. I think this is kind of a double standard, you know. The killer gets two punishments for two murders but then the mother can have an abortion without consequence from the law. Maybe I'm crazy but it doesnt make any sense.

User Detail :  

Name : DaneR, Age : 19, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I agree with your post. That's why we call ourselves "Pro-Choice" which is accurate, rather than "pro-abortion". Each women deserves to make that personal decision for herself. I would ask those anti-abortionists who declare themselves "pro-life" if they fight the death penalty, needless war and other political practices that result in unnecessary deaths. Obviously, killing a physician who performs abortions is NOT pro-life. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Under the law "potential" life is not the same as a living person. If the fetus is viable (past about 30 weeks) then one could make the argument that it could have survived minus the criminal act and pursue a prosecution. FYI, only in extreme cases are women allowed to abort a fetus that late in the game. So your argument isn't really legally relevant. No one has ever been prosecuted for the death of a first trimester fetus, which is when most abortions take place. Later term abortions are almost always related to the health of the mother or the fetus, and only a heartless animal would suggest that those shouldn't be available.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    it wasn't always like that. Until abortion was legalized, only the murder of the woman counted. The pro-fetus lobby pushed the through a change in the law so they could use it to 'illustrate' the 'life' of a fetus. IMO it should never have been changed. A woman can exist without a fetus, but a fetus cannot exist without that one particular woman.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

jeffr
    Participant
    I know this is an old post but it is a common question even now. You indicate that you understand why pro-life people believe the way we do but your question would suggest otherwise. From the pro-choice perspective, you only recognize the life of the mother and see the child as nothing but a mass of tissue - no different than a cancer or some other unwanted mass. Therefore, you only see things through the eyes of the mother and never try to see thing through the eyes of the child - because it isn't a child to you. We in the pro-life camp look at things from both the mother's and the child's perspective. If you understand our belief that that lump of tissue is a person with promise and a future and that there is no one advocating or speaking up for that child, then you can naturally see why we would be so vocal. It is in the fabric of our being to defend the defenseless and stand up for those who can't standup for themselves. So when you ask questions about abortion, try to take yourself out of the pro-choice mindset of only seeing the issue from the point of the mother and try asking your questions from the viewpoint of the child. For example, you asked, "...why do you (pro-lifers) try to control that aspect of someones life?" From the child's perspective, one could ask, "why do you (pro-lifers) not try harder to convince those people who want to get rid of me to give me a chance to live my life, to have a happy childhood, to fall in love, to have a family of my own, to know my grandchildren?

User Detail :  

Name : jeffr, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 42, City : new oleans, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : scientist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.