AIDS in Africa a white conspiracy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Kilo
    I believe AIDS in Africa is a massive conspiracy by racist whites. Such things like this have happened in the past, such as the Tuskeegee experiments, where black men were secretly injected with syphillis. I believe the same thing (or something similar) happened in Africa, since AIDS first appeared in the United States but Africa has the deadliest, most infectious form of the AIDS virus. I've discussed this with black and white people. The white people said I was crazy, whereas the black people tended to agree. Do others think AIDS in Africa is a conspiracy? Or does that just sound crazy?

User Detail :  

Name : Kilo, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : black & white, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Milton, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Web design, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Harvey21428
    Participant
    You are quite wrong. AIDS is a human condition. The virus does not single out any race. The virus would have infected only blacks for it to be a conspriacy. Death and disease know no color. There are many reasons the AIDS virus is rampant in Africa. It has more to do with living conditions, poverty, lack of education and so much more that I could write a book. Yes, there are some elements of racism, but it is no conspriacy. As a native of Tuskegee, Ala., I am quite familiar with the Tuskegee Experiment. Those victims were not given the disease, but they were not treated. It was truly a horrible event. You must remember that AIDS is 100 percent preventable. Others will write to disagree. You should get some interesting emails on this subject. Just one reminder: AIDS was once thought to be a 'gay' disease. Do more research on Africa. Read books written by Africans and you will discover many wonderful things and, sadly, many terrible things. Knowlege is a powerful tool in life.

User Detail :  

Name : Harvey21428, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 50, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Phil S.
    Keil, you pose an interesting question; however, some of your background facts are slightly inaccurate. The Tuskeegee 'experiments' did not involve the infection of black men with syphallis; rather, they involved a treatment site where some patients were given a cure and some were given a plaecebo -- but only black men were given a plaecebo. So while the black men were not infected, they were not cured. A complete lack of medical ethics. Also, AIDS was first detected in the United States. That doesn't mean that it first appeared in the United States. Keep in mind that with significant medical advancements, a centralized disease reporting system, and a large promiscuous population, made its detection easiest in America. Likely, AIDS first appeared in Africa in the 1950s with possible isolated outbreaks prior to then. I do not suggest that your theory is without merit. Keep in mind that biological 'warfare' has been used for millenia by Europeans and was brought to North America by early English settlers who gave blankets to the Native Americans that had been previously used by those with small poxs (it is possible that such a move was merely due to ignorance about small pox's effect on the Americans, but it is just as likely it was done intentially). But without more than speculation, it seems more likely that the current gene mapping is not a massive conspiracy and that HIV first made a stable leap from chimpanzees to humans (either in the consumption of chimpanzee meat or possibly in the manufacturing of a small pox vacine) sometime in the 1940s or 1950s and from there it was contracted by health workers who brought it back to other parts of the globe.

User Detail :  

Name : Phil S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student / lawyer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Thomas24784
    Participant
    Call it what you want, friend, but the fact is that you have a lot of people in African countries making poor decisions when it comes to their personal choices for the behaviors in which they engage. Putting the blame on someone else for one's bad decision-making is not the problem. In Africa, you have a tribalistic, often chauvinistic, cavalier attitude about sex, which is the primary venue for HIV transmission there, as well as head-in-the-sand responses to personal responsibility. Compound that with deep-rooted attitudes of ignorance and you have a lethal cocktail of disaster waiting to happen. Saying there is a white conspiracy against Africans just ain't gonna fly with this brotha.

User Detail :  

Name : Thomas24784, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, City : Colombia, State : SC Country : United States, 

Jay31334
    Participant
    I think you have SERIOUS issues. You must be a very angry person.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31334, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Matthew
    Participant
    Please do yourself and those around you a favor and get an education. I understand the anger you feel as a minority, but your mind could be put to better use if you stepped out of the conspiracy theory world and learned something about the world, biology, history, etc. Then, if you could pass on what you learn to those around you, just think of the world you might help create. I apologize if I seem harsh, but 30 years-plus into this pandemic to hear a young person spout what you did is too much.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Mark Bentley
    Participant
    HIV/AIDS was first diagnosed in the United States and France at approximately the same time. But the origins have been traced back to Africa; i.e., the virus had a global migration out of Africa. Check out http://www.sfaf.org or http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/dhap.htm to get some excellent historical data on the virus. Are you crazy to think it could be a conspiracy? Not at all. Our government has a poor history in regard to medicine and minority groups. But, there is a ton of medical research available on the internet that documents both strains. Information is power, and an informed community is able to deal with issues openly. The articles I have read about HIV/AIDS and the African-American community indicate that the topic is still not readily discussed, as it carries the 'gay' stigma; a stigma that hasn't yet been effectively quelled in the African-American community (or many others, for that matter). HIV/AIDS doesn't discriminate - it infects anyone who puts himself or herself at risk.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark Bentley, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : UFMCC - Cathedral of Hope, Age : 39, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Financial analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Mark
    Participant
    Because of your use of the word 'racist,' I'll assume you mean that the virus was introduced with the intention of causing harm or death to blacks. I agree that certain people might be motivated to try this, but the lack of selectivity of the virus (infects all humans) makes this an implausible scenario to me. I do agree with many articles that this virus is proabably not 'naturally occurring' and probably stems from a vaccination program, but I think that the consequences were unintentional. Africa is more affected due to poverty, health conditions and lack of education as much as being the target of any particular vaccination program. Crazy? No. But maybe a little 'over the top.'

User Detail :  

Name : Mark, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 37, City : Durham, State : NC Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bill23252
    Participant
    the reason Aids is so prevelant in Africa has nothing to do with race or geography. It's all about culture and economy. It's considered unmanly to waer a condom in some African cultures. Also plces like Botswana and South African have very high levels of poverty. Keep in mind Keil that there is NO money for the medicines to treat HIV/AIDS. People still think it won't happen to them. AIDS knows no race. Look at Africa in a social context. Then you'll see why AIDS is so prevelant there.

User Detail :  

Name : Bill23252, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : Ft. Dodge, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kristina26266
    Participant
    I tend to believe the media exaggerates the condition of AIDS in Africa to further reinforce the beliefs some have that blacks are ignorant and sexually promiscious. In fact, according to some of the articles on a site called Virus Myth, the numbers of cases with AIDS in Africa may not be accurate at all. A lot of what we hear about are based on 'predictions' and 'estimates,' printed up from the latest statistic program; not cold hard figures. Also, many Africans who are diagnosed with HIV are not tested. They are only said to have HIV because they appear to possess some of the symptoms of the disease, which can mimic other illnesses. You can NOT know for sure if a person is HIV positive UNLESS they get the official test. And for those that think AIDS originated in Africa due to African sexual practices, really, what are Africans doing differently than everyone else in the sexual areana? Some cultures do practice female circumcision, which could spread HIV IN TODAY'S TIME, but they've been doing this for THOUSANDS of years, WAY before HIV existed. And let's keep in mind when AIDS first came out it was noticed in the gay community, NOT in Africa.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26266, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Homemaker, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ED25448
    Participant
    Because 'white' people and 'black' people belong to the same species, any attempt by anyone to manufacture a selective disease will fail. In other words, whatever kills black folks is going to kill white folks as well. So yes, the premise sounds crazy.

User Detail :  

Name : ED25448, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 47, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United Kingdom, 

Steve27612
    Participant
    Here's the question - if AIDS was created by white supremacists in order to kill Africans, couldn't they have done a better job? AIDS is hard to get -- you have to do some pretty specific things in order to catch it. It's not like smallpox or anthrax, where you can catch it by doing normal everyday things. Futhermore, it's preventable through education and outreach programs. Even if it was created by white supremacists, the more pressing issue is how do you stop it? The same way you stop it if it hadn't been created by white supremacists. Education and outreach. If you say that AIDS was specifically designed to hurt blacks/Africans, you are saying that blacks are incontrollably prone to risky behavior, such as unprotected sex, intravenous drug use, etc. I disagree with that.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27612, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, 

Samm29443
    Participant
    How interesting! My mother and I worked for Harvard Business School (in Cambridge, MA) and about 24 years ago she recieved a letter from a former student/professor who had been doing work over in Africa. He stated that AIDS was introduced in Africa years before for scientic research, and was 'carried' into the States from missionaries,travelers who had 'mingled' with the people there (of course not realizing how fast the disease spread, or how it was transmitted). It was an 'experiment/research' that had gotten out of hand and spread like wildfire. The office she works for was in a panic with the information that they had received.It was transferred to someone higher up and 'forgotten'. I remember reading the letter and getting chills. He intimated that it was part of a conspiracy. At that time we all thought he was nuts...as time passed we weren't so sure. She still has a copy of that letter.

User Detail :  

Name : Samm29443, Gender : F, Age : 39, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Artist, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

conny
    i firmly agree with you, not only did it first appear in the united states, but the united states is the power respionsible for creating it. it is a know fact that AIDS is an man-made disease, that was created during chemical war fare , since the virus took to long to break down one immune systerm it was abandoned , the test subject may have been those of african orgin. and it is a known fact that their were at leat 3 scientist discovere the cure for it and later found dead .the government has a cure for it, their are alot of argument about this virus and a lot of articles to support my claims

User Detail :  

Name : conny, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Georgia
    Shades of the 80's, back when AIDS was 'god's punishment to Gay ppl' Please! Yes, let's send it to Africa and kill off all the black ppl. While we're at it, let's infect Asians, Muslims, Jews, and anyone else that doesn't fit the blonde male Christian Caucasian profile that seems determined to kill off anyone that doesn't look or think like him. Oh, we can't leave out Lesbians, because they won't have anything to do with men, so they certainly don't deserve to live.

User Detail :  

Name : Georgia, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : Human, Religion : Pagan, Age : 50, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : nurse, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.