Reply To: Homosexuality: nature or nurture?

Keith A.
I think there's a definition that's being left out here, because people are assuming that everyone is working off the same definition of 'being gay'. It seems to me that some people consider 'being gay' to mean having sexual feelings with regard to the same sex, and that others consider 'being gay' to involve acting on those feelings. If people could indicate what they mean when they say being gay, I think more meaningful discussion could take place. As for my opinion, I believe sexual preference can alter through one's life, but I'm not sure how this happens or whether it can be affected or modulated by conscious choice. I don't think it's a terribly common thing for gender preference to switch, but if other facets of sexuality change, such as age preference and personality preference of partner, I don't consider it unreasonable for gender preference to change.

User Detail :  

Name : Keith A., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pantheist/Sometime lean toward Buddhist, Age : 21, City : Buffalo, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student/ Biochem, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,