Reply To: Why tattoo or pierce a perfectly good…

Ryan
Tattooing and body-piercing is not an issue of individuality, but it can be an issue of acceptance. Many people who have tattoos or piercings form a sense of community with others who are into these practices. Beauty is in the eye of beholder. I have found that tattoos and piercings can add to a person's beauty because it is a form of expression that can show how a person views themselves.

I have piercings and around 15 tattoos, and I certainly have thought about employment issues. I have some that are very visible and have been turned down for jobs because of my tattoos. I have always looked at it this way: my qualifications and who I am should determine if I can do a good job. My tattoos are not going to do the work, and if that is an issue, then I will be able to find employment elsewhere. I have never second-guessed my choice to get tattoos or piercings. I always thought about getting piercings or tattoos, though. I never just went in to a parlor and got something done.

User Detail :  

Name : Ryan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Davenport, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : Residence Hall Director, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,