Reply To:

AmberW
Participant
Please, Dane, show me where I said most people owned slaves? You asked me to tell you how slavery affects us today..I did. It just does not affect the descendents of slaves or slavemasters, but everyone. No many families did not have property or $$ to pass down...but my point is at least they were ALLOWED to do so! Even so, most families still had some kind of family house or a small parcel of land to pass down...or family china or SOME KIND of possession. To answer your question, probably the same reason poor white people in the trailer park buy expensive cars and complain about the trailer park...that is a CLASS thing Dane, not a racial one. Since I have never lived in a ghetto or trailer park...I dont believe I am qualified to answer your question. Slaves stayed with their "masters"

User Detail :  

Name : AmberW, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,