Reply To: East Coast vs. West Coast

C-Jackson
Participant
You're right ... sort of. I found the same thing, only in the opposite direction. Coming from the West Coast, I can barely tolerate the hectic and competitive pace and stiff-collared ways of the East. And I, too, have a heckuva time finding friends I can relate to. Folks in the West are so much more laid-back and comfortable. (As for Nashville, now there's a city of false smiles and fake friendliness!) I suspect there are many subtle cultural differences, such as body language cues and manners of speech, that keep us from connecting. It is also isolating to be amid so many people who have not had similar exposure to the cultural settings you have. Regardless, it's certainly strange to see someone from 'the east' echoing my opinions in reverse! Wish I had some suggestions to offer. I'm just plodding along, hoping for a kindred soul to stumble eastward...

User Detail :  

Name : C-Jackson, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40, City : Buffalo, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,