AJ O.

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My screw-up, not Marilyn Manson’s #34830

    AJ O.
    Member

    The sad and often fatal trend in America these days is blaming Marilyn Manson or a movie for a parent’s failure. A kid shoots up his school, kills his parents or builds a bomb and the first thing you hear about is 1)The clothes they wear (‘They ore trenchcoats’…’gothic’…’punk’) 2)The music they listen to and movies they watch or the video games they play. Well I am sorry but that is a crock.As someone who wears mostly all black, listens to Marilyn Manson, Emenem, and other such music, watches movies such as ‘Natural Born Killers’ or ‘8mm’ and has played many a violent video game I am living proof that these things are not to blame. I have a fiance and many good friends. I love my family and even got along with lots of people who were ‘different’ than me (preps, jocks, punks, ‘freaks’….anyone and everyone) at school. I don’t kill or hurt people. I don’t worship Satan or do drugs or anything else like that. In fact I lead apretty normal life and consider myself to be a pretty compassionate and caring person with a large compacity to love. So why am I a ‘good kid’ while other people who dress like me and listen to the music I do or see the movies I see turn out ‘bad’? PARENTING. My parents brought me up well. They gave me love affection, attention, guidance, disciplie and instilled values, morals and respect for myself as well as myself. Thses kids that come out ‘bad’ more than likely did not have the proper upbringing. A person who has been instilled with morals and with intelligence can decipher the difference betweemusic and movies and real life. If they cannot there are bvioulsy some underlying mental problems that a PARENT should have noticed and taken care of before something horible happened.Besides there are people in khakis and plaid who listen to Kenny G and have doe some vile and dispicable things.It’s about parenting not the media. Marilyn Manson is not America’s father.

    User Detail :  

    Name : AJ O., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : my own beliefs, Age : 19, City : San Antonio, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : unemployed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Slept with boyfriend’s best friend #34834

    AJ O.
    Member

    Though some people wil say not to tell your guy so as not to hurt him, I have to say that it is really best to tell him. Be open and honest. You don’t have to give him ALL the dirty details, just tell him that you and his new best friend had a sexual relationship while he was gone but that it is over now and you are really beginning to feel serious about him. Naturally he will be a bit upset but he should be able to get over this because, as you mentioned, you had BOTH agreed to see other people, so quite honestly you did nothing wrong. Not telling him will drive a wedge between you that will only grow over time. Honesty could quite possibly make your relationship stronger.

    User Detail :  

    Name : AJ O., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : my own beliefs, Age : 19, City : San Antonio, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : unemployed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)