the bible

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dwanny
    Participant
    I can't understand how ppl can blindly believe in the stories in the bible. Exam:Adam and Eve. Okay there are 2 ppl and they have 2 kids, then one kid kills the other. Where did the rest of the humans come from? If incest took place, where did the other races come from? Someone told me that there were other ppl over the hill for what's his name to marry. I thought the bible said that Adam, Eve and Jr were the only ppl and isn't that just a little too handy? Exam:Noah and the ark:there were 6 ppl left after the flood? Once again, we have incest and where did the other races come from? If there were only 2 of each animal what did the carnivores eat? I can't swallow that this man picked up ants, cockroaches, alligators, snakes, etc; to see what gender they were. And how did the animals that are found only in certain regions get back there after the boat docked? I'm thinking of koalas, kangaroos, elephants, etc; they walked back to their countries? What about the specific foods they require? Oh please!!!! I see the bible as a book of parables. And a god that tells you to prove you love him by murdering your child? A little full of himself isn't he? I'm just so sick and tired of ppl trying to cram their beliefs down my throat. Leave us non-christians alone. If I wanted to be a christian, I'd come find you. It also seems to me that the ones that let you know what good christians they are, are the biggest hypocrites.

User Detail :  

Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, 

ItsMe
    I just cant handle it when its obvious you never even TRIED to read the text for yourself. Adam and Eve had 3 sons; Cain, Able and SETH. Noah had his wife and sons and daughter in laws all brought on the ark. God sent all the animals to Noah and commanded Noah to gather extra kosher animals (and grain and feed) for eating and for sacrifice once the waters receeded. The binding of Issac was a test (isnt everything?). Issac was unharmed. The stories are examples of people at their best and worst, how the commandments came to be, and a testament to the idea that God alone makes the rules and calls the shots. There are biblical texts everywhere. Please try to get all the way through a story before posting next time. And try not to become the intolerant belligerent you cant stand...

User Detail :  

Name : ItsMe, Gender : Female, Religion : Jewish, City : DFW, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.