question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mara-Meyers
    Participant
    Why is it that most boys think that they can do everything better then girls?

User Detail :  

Name : Mara-Meyers, City : central square, State : NY Country : United States, 

jacobhamil
    Because we can. :P No, I'm kidding...lol I think it's one of those age old war's between guy's and gal's that starts at an early age between siblings. If you have any kids, or nieces and nephews and if you've watched them intereact with each other then I think you'll understand it abit more. But other than that, some guy's are just asshole's...lol Don't let'em get ya down.

User Detail :  

Name : jacobhamil, City : atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

Mara
    Participant
    it's a learned response from our misogynistic past. Historically, women weren't considered very smart. Of course a lot of that had to do with the fact that it didn't seem practical to educate your girl-child in anything more than the basics. Her role was to have babies, keep the house, and obey her husband...intelligence wasn't needed. Even today you see that bias. The president of Harvard, not too long ago, opined that the likely reason more women weren't in the Sciences was not institutional discrimination, but the female inability to do good science. And it wasn't all that long ago that women weren't even "allowed" to hold jobs, to persue certain areas of education, go to certain schools, etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.