check writing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

J. Masiulewicz
    Participant
    With all today's modern financial conveniences - not to mention the distain of the people behind them in line - why do some people still pay at the checkout counter by writing a check? Don't just say it's old people afraid of new technologies; I work in a store where I see people of all ages paying for their purchases with checks, and sometimes for amounts as low as two or three dollars.

User Detail :  

Name : J. Masiulewicz, Gender : Male, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Because debit cards aren't secure. Google "identity theft" and see what you come up with. Additionally, an increasing number of banks charge you a dollar or more for every single use of your debit card AS a debit card, and if you use it like a credit card, you have NO PROTECTION FROM IDENTITY THEFT WHATSOEVER in most cases. A lot of people also still prefer to have the physical record of the transaction a check represents, and it's a lot easier to wave a cancelled check in front of a scumbag bill collector who claims you haven't paid than it is to wave a debit card receipt. I personally A) Don't give a flying f**k about the "disdain of the people behind me in line", and in fact will fill out my check even slower - and maybe even take the time to balance my register - if they're p

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I use both. I use checks to pay bills because I don't want my financial info floating out there in cyber space. Since my income is limited and I have to be careful with my budget, I think twice about a store purchase before going through the effort of writing a check. That's not a bad thing. Some stores process checks quickly. You just sign them and their computers print out the date, amount and other information. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.