Why don’t more black women date interracially?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kristina
    As more and more black women become college educated and move up the career ladder, they seek mates that are on their same level. Unfortunately, the numbers of black men on these levels are fewer, due to the disportion between black women and men today. Despite this, black women seem devoted to dating their black men, even if the men are not supporting them. They will even accept a man who is on a lower socioeconomic level then them. Why don't these black women date outside their race? I mean, I hear it all -- some feel they are being a 'traitor' to their own if they date interracially -- others claim they can't be sexually satisfied by none other than a black man. Are these all excuses to a bigger cover-up of feelings -- they simply do not feel attractive enough to be able to date non-black men? I mean, black women 'act' as if it doesn't bother them, seeing white women as being portrayed as everything amongst men of all races, and the black woman as a 'ghetto hoochie' who's only good enough for sex, if that -- never marriage. I mean, it bothers me, and it was one of the reasons I thought I should stick to my own kind. Non-blacks want a white woman anyway, so why even bother? Do other black women share this fear, and feel that only black men could want them? Is this stopping black women from adding non-blacks to their dating sphere?

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transcriber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.