Why do women gossip so much?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tina Bombe
    Participant
    I work in a mainly dominated woman environment. I find it such a TURN OFF that women of various ages tend to gossip about other women in the office. It seems like they just like to stir up the pot and get others going. Because it is NOT in my nature to act like this, I was wondering if I could get some honest responses from women why they do act like this? What benefit socially do they recieve from gossiping and do they feel like they are affecting others. Thank You.

User Detail :  

Name : Tina Bombe, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Davison, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brittany
    Participant
    Historically, women are the genders of america who enjoy gossiping and becoming so interested in whats hot and whats not! I wouldn't say its a woman thing because men gossip to just not to the extent that we do. Actually people think all guys talk about is sports and sex..not at all... Gossiping and being vicious haters are very extreme..when a group of women sit around and talk about other women that is an insensitive, immature act of isecurities they struggle within themselves... The only benefit of extreme gossiping where it talks about other people is sometimes people have nothing else to talk about because they lack good conversation so talking about others is what gets their blood flowing..also it takes away the focus of their own personal imperfections.

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Mara
    Participant
    Well, Tina, why don't YOU tell us? After all, you ARE a woman. Why DO "women" act like this? Perhaps you should be asking why GOSSIPS, male and female, gossip. I work in a male dominated industry and I can tell you for a FACT that the men around me gossip just as much as any woman. Only their topics of gossip seem to be different; women tend toward discussing looks, clothes, "sluttiness" etc while men talk about each others cars, sports prowess, wives, drunken antics, etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.