Why do men stand when they pee in a toilet?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Cathy
    Participant
    Why do men stand to pee in the toilet? The toilet was designed for sitting just as the urinal was designed for standing. Most toilets are too short for men to use as effectively as a urinal. It can't be a matter of 'being like the rest' because it's done in private! If men just sat instead, that would end the great debate about leaving the seat up!

User Detail :  

Name : Cathy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : homemaker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

David
    Participant
    It's faster to stand. See, girls, you HAVE TO sit or it leaks everywhere. Plus it's not that hard to put the seat down when you enter the bathroom, its not like you enter the stall or room walking backwards and then notice that it's not down when you sit down. just tip it down, even if it's with your foot. It's not that hard, ladies. Stop complaining. I don't get it. i got into a huge fight with my sister about me leaving the seat up when we were younger and she almost shot me. To avoid death I did tip it down - it's faster to do that than to come outside the bathroom and complain...it's like .013 seconds! you wont even know it was up.

User Detail :  

Name : David, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, Religion : Non-Denominational, Age : 21, City : Fontana, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

Cal19792
    Participant
    It's faster and more convenient to stand.

User Detail :  

Name : Cal19792, City : Lakewood, State : CA Country : United States, 

Dale
    Participant
    From the point of view of a man who has just turned 57 it is much more covenient to sit than to stand. There is that whole prostate thing of course, but having raised two daughters and still married I learned early on to leave the seat down.

User Detail :  

Name : Dale, Gender : M, City : Moline, State : IL Country : United States, 

Dennis
    Participant
    We as men are taught from the beginning to stand when we pee. A lot of guys think that to sit down when we pee is to pee like a woman. Women sit down, men stand up. Also, if women stood up, they would make a mess. Their pee hole is set in one place, and men can aim. It is not that big of a deal to put the seat down when you need to.

User Detail :  

Name : Dennis, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 28, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Tiberious28697
    Participant
    I find it just easier to stand. Nice and quick, and in a situation where the lone female in the home (yes, I'm still at home with the folks; not ashamed to admit) is used to having the seat up, this much isn't an issue. That said, there ARE some times when it's more comfortable to sit to take care of this business; i.e. when dealing with an erection that will sabotage conventional aiming attempts. While I don't subscribe to them myself, the belt is also a factor to consider in the sit vs. stand debate. We males usually want to get this bit done as quickly as possible, and to have to unbuckle a belt, plus any pants-related fastenings, to drop our pants and then redo everything for a two-minute-or-less function seems counterproductive. Even if that means sometimes forgetting to put the seat down.

User Detail :  

Name : Tiberious28697, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist/Minor Agnostic Leanings, Age : 24, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Mr. Bennet
    Participant
    There's another point to consider: as you are taught to stand to urinate, you do that about 10 years with no problems - until puberty comes and you have to deal with trying to pee with an erection. And it takes time to get used to sitting and peeing to counter that problem - why? Because it's a woman's thing: to sit just to urinate. One may feel his manhood being challenged, almost as a homosexual thing to do - what is absolutely ridiculous, but it takes a while. It took some three years for me to pee seated in front of my girlfriend (while she brushed her teeth, for example).

User Detail :  

Name : Mr. Bennet, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : BH, State : NA Country : Brazil, Occupation : Biologist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
    I can't tell that men can aim when they stand in fromt of a toilet in public restrooms. My experiance is when a man stands, and I have to follow them, they have gotten more on the seat than in the water. Also most men I have to follow do not know how to flush either.

User Detail :  

Name : Charles Yates, City : taylor, State : MI Country : United States, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.