Whites, dogs and minorities

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Jackie21216
    Participant
    It appears to me that you have had a couple of bad experiences with Blacks and now you are stereotyping all of us as mean. I feel that you are very young and ignorant to the fact that there are some fine, intelligent Blacks who have overcome and endured more than you have watched on television your entire life.You shouldf not be so judgmental becuase you have had a bad experience. That is what is wrong with the world today, people refuse to move foward.

User Detail :  

Name : Jackie21216, Gender : F, Age : 38, City : Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Counselor, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kim
    This has been a very telling exchange. Seldom since I have been reading this forum have so many racist views come spewing onto the page. Like the rest of my family, I've always been an animal lover who supports anti-cruelty organisations, acted as a caretaker for abused or abandoned domestic animals, and worked hard to get people to avoid products from corporations that engage in the torture of animals. I've rescued numerous animals and hope to help as many more as I can. This even includes 'unpopular' pets like domestic rats. I am also a law-abiding brown-skinned woman who has been arrested and humilated by racist cops (while driving my own Jeep -- lawfully) who felt I 'must have stolen it because 'we' don't drive that kind of car'. This was while I still lived in the US. Make no mistake: People do NOT have to be criminals to be mistreated or murdered by military or police officials. While this abuse is most often heaped on people of colour, it does happen to nearly ALL kinds of people, and any fair-minded person knows this. How dare anybody advocate cruelty to people OR animals, or justify one on the basis of the other? Both are shameful, and so are the people whose prejudices have been exposed here.

User Detail :  

Name : Kim, Gender : F, Race : Native American/African American, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 45, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Researcher, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kristina26279
    Participant
    Number one, most black people aren't looking for olive branches from whites. Stop judging a whole race based on some rap video, or whatever you're judging them from. Number two, blacks do not 'hate' on the level that whites do. Racism in the black community usually takes the form of tease and taunts, but ultimately, if the person (regardless of their race) shows acceptance of blacks, and views them as HUMAN BEINGS NO DIFFERENT THAN THEM they will be treated respectfully. Living around middle and upper middle class blacks most of my years I've seen this quite often. Usually those that aren't accepted readily usually put forth an aura of extreme arrogance and 'I'm better than you' attitudes already. Black people too, do not disown their children for marrying interracially, like many whites do, something I just can't understand. Number two, it hasn't been too long since the Civil Rights Movement, and even still there is a lot of racism (subconscience or otherwise) emitted from whites themselves, but let's put that aside for a moment. Whites for centuries on end have abused and tortured blacks. Rapes, lynching, enslavement, murder -- yes, I would think that would cause animosity, for those so-called blacks that would 'hate' so deeply. Black anger against whites I understand, because blacks as a whole have been subjagated from them for so long. White anger against blacks or other minorities for that matter I DON'T understand, because they've been the ones doing the oppression.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26279, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transciber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    genome, you are a liar...you DID intend for it to sound mean, and the very fact that you compared African American people to dogs attests to that.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John29280
    Participant
    Kristina, your probably confusing Liberal and Conservative Whites with each other. Those same Liberal Whites that are into 'save the cute puppies, 'plant trees', and other 'nature stuff' are also likely to be involved in, or at least supportive of, minority rights. Their respect of life extends to their own kind (the human-kind if you wanna get technical). White Conservatives are all like 'I hate Sierra Club, Green Peace, and NAACP!'. Just think about it: what's one of the most popular sports in CFOK (Confederate Flag OK) states? hunting. The same people who consider killing innocent animals a 'sport' also loathe the idea of Blacks using the same facilities as Whites

User Detail :  

Name : John29280, City : NY, State : NY Country : United States, 

Lisa
    What are you taking about?Where did dogs come from?From the way you approach things know wonder black people attack you.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 27, City : Tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Aj
    Participant
    Why do you generalize tat the black community supports 'thugs and rapists'?First of all how many of these white thugs and rapist get beat unto a inch of their life?Maybe the black community just wants equality- beat the white thugs and rapists just like the black ones. Oh are only blacks thugs and rapist.By the way do you know how many blacks have been killed, beaten down and arrested only for it to be later discovered they wern`t doing anything wrong at all?Too many!

User Detail :  

Name : Aj, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : University student, Social class : Middle class, 

Mac
    Participant
    Black people don't support it, but what justification does a cop have to put his knee on the guy's neck? Blacks don't get along with cops period, especially if they are white. Did you know that a black person is more likely to receive the death penalty for killing a white person, and whites usually don't receive the death penalty for killing a black? Maybe this is why we don't like cops!

User Detail :  

Name : Mac, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mewelau-Hall20621
    Participant
    Then you just have the bad luck of meeting mean black people. It's ok I do too but, if you quit looking you'll never find a nice one.

User Detail :  

Name : Mewelau-Hall20621, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 18, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student at UM, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Lisa22752
    Participant
    I think that people try to justify their actions by bringing race up as the issue. Whites today are taught that they sgouldn't and can't be proud of being white. Unlike if you are African American or Latino you are taught to be proud of who and what you are, while telling white people that it isn't alright to be white and this big stero-type on how white people are racist and if they aren't then they are 'tring tobe black'. i think thatwe all need to look at ourselves not as races but as americans and human beings.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa22752, City : Milwaukee, State : WI Country : United States, 

Danielle27232
    Participant
    Police are trained to handle any person they are arresting regardless of their color. If the cop feels that they may run or have a stuggle with the suspect he then will put resonible force on the person. A knee in the back of the neck is part of their training to protect themselves in a situation that might turn ugly. These cops are trained to protect people as well as themselves. They put themselves in the middle of harms way everyday. If you take the O.J Simpson case then yoou will see that your theory on black and white is WRONG.

User Detail :  

Name : Danielle27232, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Orange, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : college student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Well,,,,as a rabid democrat,,,Caucation--gay--my take on it is that you are talking about the white republicans..not whites...'W' created all the reasons for us to justify 'THIS WAR ON TERROR' and in war we have casulties,,why this is nothing more than colateral damage .. part of the deal ..whats a few innocent lives...after all the country will be better off in the end.. and let us not forget 'W' will have the oil

User Detail :  

Name : james b sunderland, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 42, City : Springfield, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Hairstylist, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Frank
    Oddly enough, I happen to be a cop in your home town. I'm also white, supported the removal of Saddam and rescued a dog from an animal shelter. I will tell you that I have never abused anyone and am disgusted by those few cops who do. I'm as sorry to see children killed in Iraq as I would be anywhere. However, if Iraqi insurgents would stop trying to fight a government supported by the majority of the population, fighting would stop. As for your points about police brutality, my own perception is that as long as it's a cop assulted or even killed, nobody holds demonstrations in the streets. When cops have to restrain someone who just committed a crime, there will be someone crying to the Washington Post that afternoon. I'd ask if you've ever known a cop personally. I promise we're not all bad.

User Detail :  

Name : Frank, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Laurel, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Police, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.