Whites and personal business

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JAMARA
    My question is this: Why do whitefolks (NOT ALL, MOST THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED) feel like they can make inqusitive comments of a personal nature or ask personal questions about others? My white mother in law constantly asks my about my family, their jobs, the location of their jobs, my husband's salary, our bills, etc. Also, I've had perfect strangers (white only) ask me out of the blue about the race of my children! What kinda shit is this? Do they just do this to black people or everybody? And why do you think she gets offended when I tell her that our personal business is just that: personal A lot of times she comes off like a caseworker, which I don't need, and don't have. WHen I answer her, I am abrubt and not so friendly about it. Can you think of a way to get across that will get it through her thick head to butt out???

User Detail :  

Name : JAMARA, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : hampton, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : exec asst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.