Where do transsexuals do it?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Robert29550
    Participant
    Which restroom do transsexuals use? I mean, a man who tries to be a woman? Please excuse my ignorance, but I am trying to open myself to the world. Also, does transsexualism have anything to do with homosexuality?

User Detail :  

Name : Robert29550, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Kathryn26648
    Participant
    People who are transgender have a disparity between physical sex and psychological gender. Frequently - and I'd guess these are the trans folks you're asking about - they choose to live full time as their psychological or 'true' gender. Sometimes that involves gender confirmation/sexual reassignment surgery, and sometimes it doesn't. However, it does mean that all aspects of that person's life correspond with the gender they present. Which is to say, trans people living full time as women use the women's room, and vice versa. As to homosexuality, someone put it very succinctly by saying, 'Sexual orientation and gender identity are different things.'

User Detail :  

Name : Kathryn26648, City : Roanoke, State : VA Country : United States, 

Lynne G.
    Participant
    As a single Christian woman, I attempt to live as chaste a life as I can. This means that until marriage, I will remain celibate. This is not just a random decision ... it is a way of life. I object strenuously to men being in the same bathroom with me. Is the need of a sexually confused person to be 'reassured' more important than my right to privacy?

User Detail :  

Name : Lynne G., City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Michael20727
    Participant
    I believe that the current term is 'transgendered'... most trans-people I have met will tell you that they look for options like private or unisex bathrooms when they are pre-operative. Post-operative, they use the restroom appropriate to their body/mind-matched gender. In order for gender-reassignment surgery to be approved, a transperson has to 'live' completely as their soon-to-be assigned gender for some months prior to the operation. This can be a tricky situation in small offices, but usually can be accommodated with a little additional effort and education. As to a link with homosexuality ... being gay has to do with how you relate emotionally and sexually with people of the same gender -- not with how your body and mind match up. Two different things. Similar problems exist with regard to civil rights and bias-motivated violence, however, which is why the whole 'community' is usually referred to as GLBT (gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered).

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20727, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 39, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : E-business manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

N.J. Smith
    Participant
    Pre-op transsexuals are expected to live the life of the sex to which they wish to be reassigned, including using the appropriate restrooms if necessary. Transsexuals identify themselves as members of the sex opposite from the one they are born as and can be either homo- or heterosexual. Homosexuals choose partners of the same sex. That does not mean they identify as members of the opposite sex. As we learn more about the human body, genetics and the chemistry that makes us up, we will gain insight into what makes us one sex or the other (besides the obvious genetilia) and how all the variations in between happen. Meanwhile, consider this: evidence suggests these things are not conscious choices. We are born with chemical switches that determine our sexual identities and orientations.

User Detail :  

Name : N.J. Smith, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 45, City : Butler, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Laborer, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

M.K.
    Participant
    I would like to know the source of the 'evidence' you site. The 'homosxuality gene' discovered in the late '90s has been thoroughly debunked. Can you give a reference for your claim?

User Detail :  

Name : M.K., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 31, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : Technical School, 

Darren-H
    Participant
    First, I find Amanda's sermonizing response to be judgmental and offensive. I don't understand how your choice to remain celibate until marriage has anything to do with the original question of what restroom transsexuals use, or the similarity of transsexuality and homosexuality. Second, to respond to the original question, transsexuals use the restroom of the gender they choose to live as. Male-to-female transsexuals use the ladies room. Female-to-male transsexuals use the mens room. As to your second question, transsexuality and homosexuality are two different things. Transsexuals live as a different gender than what they were born as. Homosexuals are sexually attracted to people of their same gender.

User Detail :  

Name : Darren-H, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Recovering Mormon, Age : 38, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

CP19180
    Participant
    I don't understand either what celibacy has to do with washrooms, but I feel the same way as Amanda. I felt offended on the few occasions when I have encountered a man in the women's washroom, including male janitorial staff (they ought to put a sign on the door first). I also feel it is inappropriate for mothers to bring boys over the age of 4 or 5 (old enough to go into the men's washroom alone) into the women's washroom with them (unless of course there is some special reason, like illness). And I would also not like a 'transexual' in the women's washroom.

User Detail :  

Name : CP19180, Gender : F, Age : 22, City : Montreal, Quebec, State : NA Country : Canada, 
    As I understand it 'pre-op' transsexuals are required to live and dress as the sex they are reassigning to. If a transsexual dressed as a woman went into a male toilet they would be in danger of receiving a lot more than strange stares. They would be putting their physical safety, and possibly their life, in great danger. It would be a recipe for getting beaten up, in place away from the general public and likely assistance. I think a person's safety is more important than any discomfort I (or anyone else) may feel if a transsexual uses female toilets

User Detail :  

Name : Trust no manager, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Wellington, State : NA Country : New Zealand, Occupation : Librarian, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dawa
    Participant
    I believe preoperative transsexuals and transgendered people have a problem in this society when they need to go to a public restroom. They have the opposite genitals to their apparent gender. I have no solution to suggest at this. But other thing is postoperative transsexuals; their genitals match their social gender, so they can use their gender restroom without complain from others.

User Detail :  

Name : Dawa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 43, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Yogini, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mike
    Participant
    These days, being transsexual is most commonly known as Sexual Dysphoria - a profound feeling that one's physical sex identity is not the same as one's mental sex identity. This feeling occurs in varying degrees in different people and almost never has anything to do with perceived benefits of people who are born the same as this person's mental sex. IE: a man feeling to be a woman inside does't feel so just because he thinks that women have some benefit he doesn't. A man with the Sexual Dysphoria usually has normal-ish male hormones and a normal-looking male body. He likely is attracted to women because he was raised to, as well as because of the presence of testosterone and a penis. It has semi-jokingly been said that gays have Sexual Euphoria - they love their physical sex identity and their mental sex identity, and they love having sex with member of their same sex. That may be a very true thing, but I can't speak to that; I'm not gay, but I do have Sexual Dysphoria. I'm male, and I have no attraction to men. I just feel and have felt since I was old enough to think, that I should have been a female. Were I to go through with the whole range of reassignment, I honestly don't know what my orientation would be. I might not have any drive to have sex with anyone; it's hard to say. Sexual Dysphoria is a complicated issue, and it doesn't have very many rational facets. Hope this helps Mike

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, City : tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.