What’s the problem?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Female
    Participant
    I really enjoy being with other women, but I seem to find that this behavior is sometimes not acceptable. Why do some people feel that a woman loving another woman might offend them, or make them feel uncomfortable?

User Detail :  

Name : Female, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : San Antonio, State : TX Country : United States, 

H.
    Traditionally, society built rules that segregated the roles of the two sexes. This strict code assigned women the role of servant and property (until this century women could not own property and were considered the property of their husbands) and men the role of master. The various gender roles became deeply ingrained and only recently have we realized how destructive to humanity a strictly gendered society is. We now know that people should have the freedom to be individuals and that their sex (i.e. the shape of their genitalia) should not affect their lives in a limiting way. Homophobia (the fear or dislike of love between individuals of the same sex) and heterosexism (the view that opposite-sex romantic relationships are more normal than and are preferable to same-sex relationships) are subsets of sexism. Just as women are 'supposed' to obey men, stay at home, and produce children named after their father, women also should date and legally marry a man. Today we know these ideas are crazy and harmful. Individuals should be themselves and have romantic relationships with the people they love, regardless of sex. Marriage laws also should not discriminate based on sex.

User Detail :  

Name : H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : white Southerner, Religion : Methodist, Age : 25, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : statistician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Priscilla30256
    Participant
    Don't worry about it. I've finally realising that there is no point in worrying about what other people think. That's really true. You can never please everyone, so do whatever you think is right.

User Detail :  

Name : Priscilla30256, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

torii24195
    Participant
    If only I were a heterosexual female, sister, I could answer your question with precision! Here goes... As you may probably know, North America's Stature's were and still are (if you ask me), built on some of the books of the Old Testament which is the Bible, a chapter from the book states specifically that a man having relations with another man is an abomination. That leaves alot of room for assumption(s) such as: 1.well maybe God is okaying lesbianism 2.then that means the same applies to lesbian physical contact the list could go on but my point is, there is a what if, a gap between a statement that could have been but was not finished what I mean is, the author of that verse left US out! And that's for one thing, for another (and fasten your seat belt, I'm about to switch gears here!) and for another if we have come up with over 200,000 different diseases of the brain roughly 3000 years later therefore an antropologist with a degree in psycology could analize the author's mental condition's,so how do we know the author wasn't psycologically out of place?! Or better yet making it up? That shared opinion is a metephoric meaning of how humanity even to this day type casts to name a few shameful acts their fellow man over he said she said. And this he said she said scripture is older than the name North America! Hopefully your question is answered regardless of an opinion being placed dead behind it. Because that is how I am able to stroll comforta- blly down the street with a pride flag hat or the colors somewhere on MY person!

User Detail :  

Name : torii24195, City : san diego, State : CA Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.