What do girls want?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mickey M.
    Participant
    I'm curious about what girls my age want, and what attracts them to guys. I've spent half my life as a criminal and just recently went straight and got my GED. I'm going to community college in the suburbs, and I've found I have no idea how to talk to the ladies out there. It's kind of funny, a former bad-ass like myself getting tongue-tied when I talk to relatively sheltered women, but it happens. I'm reasonably attractive with a jolly Irish way about my face, but girls are really standoffish when I approach, much more so than with other guys. Any insight would be much appreciated.

User Detail :  

Name : Mickey M., Gender : M, Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Longshoreman, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Franc
    Participant
    I've found that women our age just want to be in their thirties with their bodies of 16. Anyhow, it is possible to find decent women who are relatively easy to communicate with, just keep on looking brother.

User Detail :  

Name : Franc, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Discordian, Age : 22, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Lorri
    Participant
    I think that if you want to meet some new girls, you should be open and friendly. I met my boyfriend in community college, and that was three years ago. He said 'hi' and 'bye' to me every day, until we just started talking. Maybe she won't automatically think: 'Hey, I should date this guy...' but being her friend is a good thing, too. If you're friends first, you're not nervous when you see her anymore (at least not as bad). I would notice a guy (aside from the usual hygeine and appearance) who walked in class and asked me a question, such as 'So, how do you like this Professor?' 'Did you understand the reading assignment?' 'How did you come up with that answer?' Hint: Avoid being overbearing and too personal, i.e. 'Do you have a boyfriend?' (If she does, she'll slip it into conversation ... I do it all the time when I meet someone new at work or school, e.g. 'Oh! You ride bikes? My boyfriend rides BMX...' This is not to tell you about BMX riding; she's giving you a hint.) Be confident in yourself, and smile!

User Detail :  

Name : Lorri, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Corona, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Insurance Agency, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Stephanie
    Participant
    Girls want to be treated like people. How would you befriend a guy in your class? Maybe by talking about how tough an assignment was, or whether you like the class, or what other classes you're taking, or the weather, or sports, or politics or whatever! So pretend the girl is another guy, and with the exception of eliminating the obvious guy-to-guy stuff like how hot the prof is, talk to her on that level. It took me a long time to figure out how to talk to guys, so I know how you feel. Don't think about whether they'll become interested in you or whatever, just concentrate on making friends. The other stuff will come with that.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie, Gender : F, Age : 19, City : Belleville, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, 

Dan
    Participant
    I'm pleased to meet you, because I'm in the same boat. In my high school years I had an unusually bad reputation (my situation was different from that of the common thug), and my notoriety got to the point where there were rumors floating around that I had a closet full of bodies. For some reason, in certain circles, noteriety equals prestige. Nobody messed with me, and everyone wanted me on their side. But the good Lord straightened me out, and now I'm as upstanding as the next young man. However, when it comes to 'sheltered girls' ... I think I scare them. I'm still rather imposing (the way I talk, the way I stare, etc.), and my experiences are strikingly different from that of the average college kid, let alone a girl who grew up in an upper-middle class suburb and was a cheerleader. I don't want to date an addict or 'thuggette,' which was all that was available back in the day, yet my chances seem pretty slim with 'daddy's little girl.' But I'll tell you something: consider it advantageous, as in, a 'filtration system.' Only a girl who is special enough to see past my past and through my demeanor will be the one for me.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : na, Race : Chicano, Religion : Pentecostal Christian, Age : 21, City : Los Angeles area, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Julie27041
    Participant
    First of all, your first impression needs to be presentable. A friendly smile goes along way. Get rid of any attitudes. Be honest. Don't come on too strong. It takes time for a woman to warm up to someone she doesn't know, give it a little bit of time. Be her friend. If you ask a girl out, try to go somewhere during the day time, that will make her feel more comfortable. If it doesn't clink, more on, there's someone out there.

User Detail :  

Name : Julie27041, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

little-olady
    Participant
    I'm a little old lady so don't think I'm coming on to you when I say you sound like one adorable guy. I've read several letters from you on this site and you are also clearly very bright. It seems like you came from a tough background but you have the right stuff to make something really great of your life. The right girl will find you. Don't fall for any floosies!

User Detail :  

Name : little-olady, Gender : F, City : san diego, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.