Too young to drive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jaqueline-C
    Participant
    I agree with you that most 16 year olds are not mature enough to be completely let loose on the roads. In California we now have more laws restricting driving priveleges for people under 18. These laws allow young drivers to drive to school and work, but do not allow them to haul around a car-load of other kids unless someone over 25 is in the car. Statistics show that young drivers have a higher accident rate than more expereinced drivers only when there are other kids in the car.

User Detail :  

Name : Jaqueline-C, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Vez24541
    Participant
    Why is 16 the legal driving age in most states? I think people at 16 years of age are just not mature enough to get behind the wheel of a car. The legal driving age should be 25, an age where most people are mature enough to accept the responsibility of operating a potentially deadly weapon on wheels.

User Detail :  

Name : Vez24541, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 
    At the age of 23, I only have one traffic ticket and no accidents. Bad drivers come in all age brackets here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

User Detail :  

Name : Christopher D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 24, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Julie27027
    Participant
    I am a 22 year old senior in college. I do not live near my family and am not blessed enough in the area of money to be able to fly home all the time. So driving is not an option for me. I did, however wait untill I was 18 to start driving. As of right now, I have no tickets and have never been in an accident, except for being rear ended at a stop light by an -older- man. If I had to wait untill I was 25 to drive I'd be half way through graduate school! That would be insane. I do agree 16 is very young, but 25 is a bit extreme.

User Detail :  

Name : Julie27027, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 22, City : Tallahassee, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Adrienne
    Participant
    I agree with you up to a point. Sixteen is far too young to be in charge of a vehicle. In California they are not supposed to drive on their own for nearly a year after taking the test -- but not only do the youngsters abuse this law -- their parents also encourage it. The parents don't have the time or patience to drive with the youngsters. Regarding age -- I think that 21 is a good age.

User Detail :  

Name : Adrienne, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, City : san clemente, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Floyd
    Honestly, some teens, SOME not all, are more mature that some of the people who are older and should be mature. So age doesn't always mean alot.

User Detail :  

Name : Floyd, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 24, City : Sterling Heights, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Sys Admin, Social class : Middle class, 

Sherelyn
    Participant
    Age really has nothing to do with maturity or responsibility. I know some 16- or 17-year-olds who are more mature than some 29- or 30-year olds.

User Detail :  

Name : Sherelyn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 20, City : Oxford, State : MS Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Andrew
    Participant
    That age limit is left over from when this was a mostly rural country. The thinking was that a vehicle -- such as a tractor or a pickup -- was analogous to a horse, and teenagers would need to drive to help on the farm. These days, I think 18 would be sufficient. Setting the age at 25 isn't realistic in an age when a car is necessary most places to commute or shop.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Huntington, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Gus
    wow, that was the dumbest comment that i've ever heard, i hope you get hit by a bus and your genes removed from the gene pool you stupid ass. i guess the fact that you have to go to college and start making a living all before the age of 25 has nothing to do with it? ya, a car would be nice dip shit

User Detail :  

Name : Gus, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : AC, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jesse19595
    Participant
    You say that we are to young to get a license at 16 but are we to young to work at a restaurant or get a job anywhere else. If they want to give us the responsibility of working for other people. How do you think that we are going to get there to work for these other people. With some responsibilities comes other responsibilities. Sweetie so take it or stay off the road.

User Detail :  

Name : Jesse19595, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 15, City : Middletown, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.