The meaning of ‘Pentacostal’?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

John K.
    Participant
    Recently, both here in the NJ/NYC area and here in the forum, I have seen and heard a lot of people referring to the Pentacostal religion. Unfortunately, I have not yet seen a clear explanation of the Pentacostal belief system. I gather that it is a Christian sect, but I have no idea what makes it different from the others.

Also, the statements made by some people who call themselves Pentacostal seem somewhat intolerant, but that is not necessarily my experience with people here at work. So could someone give me a rundown of what makes someone Pentacostal, as opposed to something else? What makes someone identify with that religion above any other?

Please note that I am not looking for someone to go on a rant about how their religion is absolute truth or anything like that...I just want to know the bare, dry facts!

User Detail :  

Name : John K., Gender : M, Age : 27, City : Cranford, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Chemical Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.