The big buildup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sally C.
    Being raised Catholic, I have long known that priests have to take a vow of chastity. But from male friends of mine, I am told it is 'impossible' for men not to ejaculate at least once in a while; that if they don't, the sperm just builds up. So how do priests deal with this? If they don't masturbate, do they wait for a wet dream? And are both of these, or either of these, considered to be 'impure thoughts' and therefore a sin?

User Detail :  

Name : Sally C., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 23, City : Grand Rapids, State : MI Country : United States, 

John29246
    Participant
    Back in Catholic school, I was taught that masturbation was a sin. Like most Catholic men (and health professionals), I thought that was completely silly, and ignored the rule. Still do. Just as all the Catholic women I know use birth control, even though it is also considered a sin. Wet dreams, on the other hand, have no taint of sin around them. Catholicism does not hold people accountable for their dreams. If a man goes without sex or masturbation for a few days or weeks, he will almost certainly have a wet dream. He may or may not remember it the next day. (Mind you, I know about four Catholic priests, most of whom are gay and have partners. So I suppose they don't have this problem. And yes, that's considered a sin, too.) I think in general perhaps you are expecting priests to be more strict about the details of religion than they really are.

User Detail :  

Name : John29246, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 36, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Psychologist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    The priest's vow of abstinence is a Church teaching. The command from the Bible is to abstain from fornication -sex outside of marriage, including adultery. Also, masturbation is called 'unclean conduct.' The Bible counsels us to 'deaden our body members.' That includes our sexual urges.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter Briant, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 38, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : storeman, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.