Teen life around the globe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Emma
    Participant
    I'm 15 and live in England, and I was just wondering what life is like for people my age in other countries. I'd be interested to hear about stuff like friends, school, relationships and family ... and anything else you want to tell me!

User Detail :  

Name : Emma, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Cheshire, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Meg
    Participant
    This is a fun question, Emma. I'll answer as best I can. I'm 17 and live in California. As far as friends go, I have a small amount, but they are very close to me. For fun, I usually hang out at coffee shops and bookstores. I love music. LOVE it. Rock, mainly. My family is very important to me, although mine is a bit dysfunctional. I'm very close to my brother. As for relationships, it is typical for a girl my age, or even your age, to have a boyfriend, but it usually doesn't get too serious. Some teen girls actually have kids. Not many, though. There's very little pressure to do drugs or drink, although there are ample opportunities to do them (I don't.) At 16, a lot of teens have jobs. I had one at 15.

It's not so hard being in the United States as a teen, although the media really kills your self-image by projecting the 'ideal' woman to be tall, thin and slightly ditsy. That's a huge struggle for teen girls here, but I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to know more or chat.

User Detail :  

Name : Meg, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Modesto, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Library Page/Assistant, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jaya
    Participant
    Wow! I just read Meg's reply, and though we're from opposite ends of the globe, life is very much the same for teens here in India! Of course, I'm speaking from my end of the spectrum (urban middle class as opposed to the villages, where everything is SO different), but still. I love my family too, and have a bunch of friends who are extremely dear to me. We hang out at coffee shops too, and I also love... LOVE rock music. We don't do drugs either (but could if we wanted to) and have boyfriends in very non-serious, immature yet fun relationships. i think with each generation, people across the world are getting more and more similar. Its a little tough to get a job at my age (16) although I would love the monetary independence. Here all you're supposed to do is get on with your education. And you can't really tell your parents about having boyfriends until you're in college. Some elders may object. You just don't talk about these things to your parents. They won't hate you or anything, but we find it embarrassing. That's why out here, having friends your own age is really, really important. But otherwise, things are very similar. I'd love it if you could contact me Emma, and thanks for showing an interest.

User Detail :  

Name : Jaya, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 16, City : mumbai, State : MA Country : India, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.