Stop the lies about Biblical geneology

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Charles W.
    Lately in the United States, white Hollywood is back to its old tricks of telling lies about "white" Biblical characters such as Jesus, Moses, Noah, Bathsheba, King Solomon, etc., when the Bible clearly shows through Biblical geneology that these people were people of color. Why, for well over 450 years, has the white church and Hollywood felt the need to continue to brainwash minorities, especially blacks, into believing everyone good from the Bible was or is white, and that blacks and other minorities were either slaves - or Satan himself?

User Detail :  

Name : Charles W., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 40, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : file clerk, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kathryn26641
    Participant
    I've often wondered about that myself. My father says most people take the idea that we are made in God's image to heart, and tend to identify with Jesus and others in the Bible according to what they themselves are like, i.e. fairer-skinned people imagine Jesus was fairer skinned. I don't buy that, mainly because my dad also included a generous amount of Middle Eastern and African history and geography in my religious education. I've known my whole life that Biblical figures were people of color and never thought anything about it. I think it boils down to ignorance and racial elitism. (Of course it also flies all over most Christians I know if you point out that Jesus was Jewish!)

User Detail :  

Name : Kathryn26641, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Ronald V.
    Hollywood and the white Church have chosen to depict Biblical heroes as white so that their vastly white audience will identify with the heroes: Jesus, Moses, Noah, etc. Truth is being sacrificed on the altar of "social" acceptance. White skin or white robes are far from Biblical truth. Philip Yancy wrote a book titled The Jesus I Never Knew and speaks very clearly that the true person of Jesus is different from the Jesus portrayed in churches, seminaries and Hollywood. The Prince of Egypt, a very good film, portrayed Moses as a dark-skinned man (the truth), but distorted other aspects of the truth to "make a better story."

The adversary will work his way into any social network and distort the truth for his purposes, even though the Holy Spirit will not allow the spirit of the message to be replaced.

User Detail :  

Name : Ronald V., Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 47, City : Edmonton, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Rico
    I don't recall it saying anywhere in the Bible that all these Biblical characters were black, though I don't get hung up on it. I'm Swedish, not Jewish, and I don't preach that Jesus was a Scandanavian with blond hair and blue eyes. From what I've read, they are all Jewish, and that wouldn't make them black. Not that it matters. Black Jesus, Chinese Jesus, Eskimo Jesus, it doesn't matter and definitely shouldn't be an issue worth fighting about. The main point is our salvation.

User Detail :  

Name : Rico, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Religious Science, Age : 21, City : Buckhorn, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Michael20774
    Participant
    In the past, the reason for biblical figures being white may have been because they were produced and directed mostly by white folk (though I've heard that Cecil DeMille was Jewish), but I'd say that today, another reason may be that people have seen these figures depicted as white for so long! For example, I was in Wal-Mart a while back. Well, my hair is shoulder-length. A black kid pointed at me, and told his mother, 'Look! It's Jesus!' However, to be fair, in all the movies I've seen, Satan has also been played by a white person. The only religiously-themed movies I remember seeing with a black person as a central character are Dogma, which made fun of the very practice you're asking about, and What Dreams May Come, where the main character's pediatrician happened to be black.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20774, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Baton Rouge, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.