See-thru tops in public?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Carol
    Participant
    It doesn't really bother me when I see a topless man in public (nasty hairy nipples and all)... I understand that womens' breasts are much more noticable, but I don't really see what the issue is... modesty? This isn't the Victorian age, is it? Anyhow sometimes we don't realize how much of an impact we make (negative or positive) and how obvious it is to others that we aren't wearing a bra. Perhaps she dressed in the dark. (: I'm guessing her real intent was to get male attention, and since you posted your experience I'm guessing it worked.

User Detail :  

Name : Carol, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Berkshire, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Social class : Middle class, 

Dina M.
    Participant
    She may have not known. I sometimes don't realize 'my salute' to people when there's a breeze. In many other countries women without shirts are normal. In America only men can do that because here breasts are only sex toys- not natural body parts and food for babies.

User Detail :  

Name : Dina M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : unsure, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Poet, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Paul
    Participant
    We are an ambivalent country when it comes to our bodies and the young are just the ones to push the limits of what might be considered conventional. Had she been at the beach rather than a grocery store would you have been shocked? There is a not-so-old saying that says 'if you got it flaunt it!' I can't be sure of this woman's motives, but she was probably very comfortable in her skin. We worship young attractive people in our culture, but we want them kept within bounds if they make us uncomfortable. Once in a classroom I had a young woman come to class in a clear vinyl blouse with no bra. I was obliged to send her to put something less revealing on, but the truth of the matter was that I was the only person who was shocked. Her classmates couldn't have cared less--including the males. She got the response from me she was looking for! Have you ever considered that we would think it scandalous if a woman walked down the sidewalk in her bra and panties, but we would not think it unusual if she was on the beach wearing a bikini that revealed even more flesh. Neither might be going swimming! Context has a great deal to do with our perceptions. You come into this world naked and immediately somebody decides which parts of your body may be seen in public. We have a real approach/avoidance issue with women's bodies and in particular their breasts. Are they there for pleasure or for feeding infants? The answer is yes, but also they are just a normal part of the female body. I'd rather see beautiful breasts than some other options. I am more chagrined by those of us who are a might portly stuffed into a spandex cycling outfit! Ahoy matey! Thar she blows!

User Detail :  

Name : Paul, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : diabetes, migraines, spinal deterioration, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Quaker, Age : 53, City : Normal, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : university placement counselor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Faye
    Participant
    I once asked a similar question to a group therapist about a member of our counseling group. The woman had suffered years of incest by her father yet chose to dress and act in an overtly sexual manner--even pushing the limits of what would be socially acceptable. The therapist explained that such behavior is one of the common adult reactions to childhood sexual abuse. Emotions can get very confused and sex and love become the same thing; to be loved, she needs to supply sex. Another reason may be that the woman believes she 'caused' the wrong behavior and is basically a bad person. Since this conversation, whenever I see a woman like you're describing, I always wonder if there is a tragic story there.

User Detail :  

Name : Faye, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 39, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jen22565
    Participant
    There is something erotic in knowing you are being watched, whether you show signs or not. Women by nature are exhibitionists...and some more than others.

User Detail :  

Name : Jen22565, Gender : F, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, 

Tim24582
    Participant
    Why are Americans so uptight about their bodies? And other peoples' bodies and what they do with them?

User Detail :  

Name : Tim24582, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 37, City : Chesterfield, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Mindy29390
    Participant
    Because she is a low class skank.

User Detail :  

Name : Mindy29390, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : na, State : CT Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dirk25745
    Participant
    Because she likes it when people stare.

User Detail :  

Name : Dirk25745, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Law Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Mark
    Participant
    I've often wondered similarly. Why do so many women wear see through shirts/tanktops, even women who are not 'attention seekers'? You advertise, but then get offended if someone looks at what you are showing.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 29, City : Orwigsburg, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Maui Guy
    Participant
    I invited a statuesque 26-year-old to a fine restaurant on Maui. Playing temptress, she donned a loose-knit dress expecting it to be too dark in the place for anyone to realize she was naked beneath it. It was not as dark as usual. As we passed one elderly lady on our way to a table, the woman's jaw and the food on her fork dropped and she nearly fell from her chair. My date and I spent the entire dinner giggling like kids. Of course girls here wear thong bathing suits and on some beaches, nothing at all so inhibitions are lower in Polynesia to begin with. Some spend their lifetimes so uptight that when they pass wind, only dogs can hear it. Others have a natural proclivity to inject an occasional bit of naughty spice into life like apparently, the nipple-exhibiting lady you saw. May I please urge you to celebrate it when a woman chooses to add some of her unique feminine loveliness to our tired old world? Vive la difference!

User Detail :  

Name : Maui Guy, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, City : Kihei, State : HI Country : United States, Occupation : Ret. anti-ballistic missile tech., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lorri
    Participant
    If men can wear see thru tops or go topless then why can't women? It's a common misconception that the breasts are a sexual organ (like the penis or vagina) but they're not. They are a means for feeding a baby and nothing more. I'm not sure where the idea that women had to cover up came from but it hasn't always been so. A lot of women from native american tribes went topless. One last thing, I'm from Ontario, Canada and a law was passed here that women can go topless if they want to. Not a lot of women do but we have the option.

User Detail :  

Name : Lorri, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 27, City : Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : retail management, Social class : Middle class, 

Dina M.
    Participant
    The human body is natural and beautiful. What's wrong with showing it off? Offering sex or making comments of that nature while exposed is another matter, but if someone is revealing body parts but minding their own business why do you care? There were many places in the past that didn't consider breasts nudity and even in the US people argue over it. Men's chests are considered attractive but they can sill be topless in public. Breasts are attractive but their purpose is food for babies but they must be covered even in non-sexual settings or pretexts. it doesn't make sense to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Dina M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : unsure, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Poet, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.