Rich, mature – and older – men

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Torii
    Participant
    Why is it that young women seeking a relationship look more to older, sophisticated men of a much higher socioeconomic status than themselves? Is it the Mercedes Benz, or the maturity level?

User Detail :  

Name : Torii, City : Cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, 

NS19952
    Participant
    It seems as though older mean are more sophisticated and are more understanding of issues dealing with women because they have learned more through life experiences.

User Detail :  

Name : NS19952, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : multicultural, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : West Palm Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rick29830
    Participant
    One theory is that females of our species are naturally attracted to mates who would seem to be the best providers for them and their children. I read of an interesting study a few years ago that showed that women on average preferred men who are four years older than them (the women), while men on average prefer women who are three years younger than they are.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29830, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

joe-dirt
    Participant
    Basic instincts, my friend. Women invest much more of their resources in the mating and reproduction process. From an evolutionary perspective the purpose of life is to pass your genes onto successive generations. Marrying a rich tycoon assures these women that their children will have the best opportunity to reproduce.

User Detail :  

Name : joe-dirt, City : anytown, State : NJ Country : United States, 

c.t.
    Participant
    It seems to me you are generalizing 'women;' I think women looking for a relationship look for love, loyalty and such first, and the Merc only comes in with the hardcore mercenary (because there are some women who are mercenary just like there are some men who dig a rich old bitch). Personally, and compared to younger men, I can add that I do find older men more interesting, but not that much older. 5-8 years would be a maximum for me. I once had a relationship with a man 16 yrs. my senior who _was_ considerably more affluent, and I didn't like it. He really was another generation; the difference in age was not enriching any more but separating; and I didn't feel comfortable when he took me out to five-star-places that I had only known from outside before. I felt very much out of place there - this was his world and not mine.

User Detail :  

Name : c.t., Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Munich, State : NA Country : Germany, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Sheila
    Participant
    Torii, I am not sure what the social situation is like in Egypt. I can only answer from the perspective of an American woman but perhaps some things are universal. First, everybody (male and female) has their own 'ideal' picture of a romantic partner. What is yours? Is this person poorer and less educated than you? Do they have limited skills and opportunities? Probably not. Perhaps it is a biological imperative to find someone who appears prosperous. I can't really think of any reason why this could be considered a bad thing. If the ultimate aim of a relationship is marriage, it would make sense that a woman would choose a man at or above her own socioeconomic level. Maybe more so in Egypt, depending on a woman's role in your culture (in the US women generally continue to work after marriage/children and men are not always the sole supporters of a family). As for the age factor, the only answer I have to that is that (in the US) men seem to mature much more slowly than women...perhaps that's just been my experience, however. The same could be true in Egypt, but I don't know. Biological age has nothing whatsoever to do with emotional age. It could be that women who are interested in much older (you did't really say how big of an age difference...) are either looking for emotional equals -or- some type of father figure.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheila, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Cori B.
    I suppose it depends on the perogative of the woman. I personally prefer to date older men because they are emotionally more mature. Also, older men tend to be more financially stable and willing to settle down to raise a family. Most men--not all-my age tend to be less mature and more impulsive then me. There is nothing better than finding an attractive man who has experienced life, traveled, loved, lived. So I guess sophistication has it's appeal. I am sure some women find powerful men and their lavish lifestyle enticing, as it can increase their own status in society. This is not a new phenomenon. I believe men are driven by instinct to be attracted to younger females in their prime, just like women historically gravitate towards older men.

User Detail :  

Name : Cori B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian-White, Religion : Spiritual Transition, Age : 21, City : Bellevue, State : NE Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Chaz
    Human instinct - sometimes called human nature - is a part of all people, influenced a little by our native cultures. Millions of years of experience have taught women in their bones that men with wealth, power and high status are better at supporting them and their children. Conversely, millions of years of experience have taught men in their bones that young, healthy women are more likely to be fertile and bear healthy offspring. These instincts have great influence on our choices.

User Detail :  

Name : Chaz, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 50, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Internet/computer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sheila27957
    Participant
    Because they have the fantacy that just becasue a person is older he has done his homework and had money and is successful. They don't realize that age has nothing to do with it. They also think an older man will pamper an younger woman, which is not true, they will abuse the younger (and maybe more because they see an easier target) as well as ones their own age. This is a misconception in our society. Some older men are single for a reason that most femals who have experience can see through because they know people are people, no matter what their age.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheila27957, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 44, City : Chesterton, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : office, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

lyda
    Participant
    To tell you the truth, we young girls do look at financial status of the older men. Although that doesn't necessarily mean that we are gold-diggers. We tend to think of older men as more caring, more understanding, with more experiences and less likely to cheat than younger men. Basically they tend to be more stable and have the means to support us and our future children. Younger guys don't like to commit and are usually looking for short term relationships. And they don't think as wisely as older men. They think they can just leave us and get another female since they're still young also. But older men know that they're getting old therefore they treat us young chicks WAY BETTER than younger men.

User Detail :  

Name : lyda, Gender : F, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : long beach, State : CA Country : United States, 

Linda
    Men choose the most desirable women in society that their status will allow. Wealthy men choose young, beautiful women because they can. Women seek older, established men to be taken care of.

User Detail :  

Name : Linda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Jewish, Age : 40, City : Juneau, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Education, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.