Religion and society

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Paulo P.
    Participant
    How can we live with all the religious differences in society nowadays?

User Detail :  

Name : Paulo P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Atheist, Age : 18, City : Paris, State : NA Country : France, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Lucy22431
    Participant
    How can we live with all the different religions in society? It's really very easy - all we have to do is cut each other some slack. Relgions are basically just different ways of explaining the same thing - where we came from, why we are here, and what happens when we die. Most people have a need to know the answers to these questions, and religion provides those answers. The problem arises with the fundamentalists who believe that their religion is the only true religion and will not even allow the posibility that other religions have any value.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22431, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dan31673
    Participant
    That's a great question...how do we live with all of the differences in religion. Well, we've been doing it for years despite religious wars and persecution. Let me pose this question. How do we know what is the right religion? If the 'real God' is Buddah, then are all of the Christians in the world all going to hell? Or....is religion just a way to comfort ourselves in this crazy world. Maybe we just need something comforting to look forward to.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan31673, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Eau Claire, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

cyd clark
    Many can't. Perhaps you could think of it as a type of religious anarchy. Those who can't live with it kill each other, while others are more 'I won't hurt you if you don't hurt me' minded.

User Detail :  

Name : cyd clark, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : celibate, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : not sure, Age : 42, City : tuscola, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 
    Hi there. There are alot of religious differences. Youre right. And society in general, isnt very tollerant of these differences.Many arguements are started by these differences.Infact, if you look behind the wars that we have seen (Take the Yugoslavia conflict for example) we see religions behind the cause. With their differing beliefs. Croatia is Catholic, Serbia is Orthodox and Bosnia Moslem.I could go on and on to explain why Moslem is different from the other churches. But for now. I will just ask a question for you. The Catholic and Orthodox churches claim to be 'christian'. Correct? And they both claim to follow Jesus Christ of the bible. Jesus taught many things. Including telling people about the Kingdom , God had promised him. Yet, the Catholics, Orthodox, and many other so-called christian religions teach nothing of this kingdom (another word for government), but do teach different things about Jesus. Yet, there is only one bible, recording what Jesus taught. Yes, there are different versions of the bible. But they all say basically the same thing. The source of the differing doctrines of these, and other religions. Originate with men. NOT the bible. So , naturally they have different men leading them. And their beliefs over the centuries, have changed, just as different men lead them. There is a truth (There can only be 1 truth ) to the bible.If you , or anyone has any questions. Please feel free to email me, or just respong on yforum. Thankyou........Peter

User Detail :  

Name : Peter Briant, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 38, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : storeman, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Nehal P.
    Participant
    I dont know how we live together in a society with so many religious and cultural diferences but thank God we manage it (in the most part that is!) Maybe we can live together because we are more tolerant with each other than in the past and we all have a better understanding of the different cultures and religions than our elders. Whatever the reason is, I'm just happy that I can live happily and safely in a multi-cultural city and society. So dont question it! - just be happy for it! (IF you live in a safe multicultural area)

User Detail :  

Name : Nehal P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 16, City : Leicester, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Nehal P.
    Participant
    I don't know how we live together in a society with so many religious and cultural diferences, but thank God we manage it (for the most part). Maybe we can live together because we are more tolerant of each other than in the past, and we all have a better understanding of the different cultures and religions than our elders. Whatever the reason, I'm just happy I can live happily and safely in a multicultural city and society. So don't question it - just be happy for it (IF you live in a safe, multicultural area).

User Detail :  

Name : Nehal P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 16, City : Leicester, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

jim30739
    Participant
    Think what would happen if we couldn't... Hitler,Stalin,Pol Pot... and that is just recent history.

User Detail :  

Name : jim30739, Gender : M, Disability : Deaf, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, City : margate, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.