Race and body hair

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kristina26281
    Participant
    Why do a large number of Asians of non-Indian and non-Arabic origins have minimal body hair? Also, do Asian women of these origins shave their legs?

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26281, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transciber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Cyn
    Participant
    Asians tend to have less body hair due to genes. Asians in general have less hair. To answer your question as to whether Asian women shave their legs, it would depend on where she was raised. Asian women, like myself, who were brought up in the West would probably shave their legs (and armpits) or get them waxed, etc. Those who are immigrants, especially older women, are less likely to do so.

User Detail :  

Name : Cyn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 23, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Graduate Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sarah-C28155
    Participant
    It's an ethnic trait. And speaking for myself, I do shave my legs, because I have a rather fair complexion (my legs moreso), and darker hair shows up on it very easily. Though through personal preference, I'm pretty lax on it until it comes time to wear shorts regularly.

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah-C28155, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 25, City : San Francisco area, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Steffie
    Participant
    I am asian, and yes, people do shave their legs here. I don't know if women here are less hairy, but I have noticed that Caucasian guys tend to have more chest hair than the average Filipino guy. I think this is a matter of physical racial difference, and I think it is evolutionary in nature. Since the earliest ancestors of the Caucasians live in colder places, they need extra 'hair' to make themselves warm. Over the years, we have less hair than Caucasians. It's like asking, why do Americans have high nose bridges and Filipinos don't? It's all about evolving and adapting to our environment.

User Detail :  

Name : Steffie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Manila, State : NA Country : philippines, Occupation : medical student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jahny
    I've always wondered why we have so much chest hair. As a White, I would say it has something to do with the cold but 1) It doesn't do Jack $hit and 2) Middle Easterners tend to have a lot of body hair.

User Detail :  

Name : Jahny, City : Chestnut Ridge, State : NY Country : United States, 

Jahny
    This goes off topic, but I think it would be really cool if the Confucious-style long and thin beard (like in old Chinese paintings and Kung Fu movies) went back in style in China.

User Detail :  

Name : Jahny, City : Chestnut Ridge, State : NY Country : United States, 

Agnes
    Participant
    Though I'm Asian, I have quite a bit of body hair, kind of thick and coarse and dark, like the hair on my head. I pretty much don't shave for most of the year, until summer, when I wear shorts. I hate shaving, though, but we're in America and it's unsightly to have hairy legs. I've got a tiny bit of fine hair down on my belly, too. Waxing is painful. Shaving's a hassle. Down with the media!

User Detail :  

Name : Agnes, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 18, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : college student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.