Question of faith

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Holly
    I can understand the feelings you have of the fate of all the peoples of the earth. Abraham once had similar feelings: 'Will you really sweep away the righteous with the wicked?...Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right? (Genisis 18:23-25) Consider, though, what the Bible tells us regarding our creator: 'The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice.' (Deuteronomy 32:4.) Also Psalms 67:1-4: 'God himself will show us favor and bless us...Your salvation even among all the nations...Let national groups rejoice and cry out joyfully, for you will lead them.' So we see,God will do what is right regarding the lives of ALL people. Nevertheless, some will be left out,but not because of the unrighteousness of God. Jesus warned during his Sermon on the mount: 'Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.' (Matt.7:13,14.) Is this because God does not want everyone to have life? Rather:'...He does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain to repentance.' (2Peter 3:9B.) Yet, responsibility comes with serving God. 1 John 1:4 clearly states: 'He that says: ' I have come to know him,' and yet is not observing his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person.' Think of today's 'Christian' religions: Do they base their teachings ont ehe Bible and walk as Jesus walked or are they like what is spoken of in Romans 10:2 and 3 where the apostle Paul says: ' For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God, but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.' So, it is obvious what Jesus meant when he spoke of the broad and spacious road that many would follow. But what of non-Christian religions. God holds out his invitation to all as we read in Psalms. Jesus' followers in his day declared this news as they were instructed to do by Jesus. 'This good news of the kingdom wil be preached in ALL THE INHABITED EARTH for a witness to ALL THE NATIONS; and then the end will come.' (Matt.24:14) So, ther is no need to fear; all people will be given an equal opportunity to come to know God and recieve salvation!

User Detail :  

Name : Holly, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 28, City : Annapolis, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Adriana
    Participant
    Think of it this way. The only reason you believe in God is cause someone told you he exists. Now its up to you to see if he really exists. Devout believers would naturally say that it's a sin to doubt. It's a sin to them. But is it to you? Is it to God? Does it say so in the Bible? The basis of Christianity is the Bible, a book which religious experts have been reinterpreting and editing for centuries. There's a Catholic version and a King James version so then where IS the holy and true word? Christianity is a good way to God, but it's not perfect, because it isn't God, it's only a religion. In my opinion, you don't have to be Christian to believe in God or even in Jesus. Some people go to mass every Sunday, take communion, do the whole church thing, but don't follow the teachings. It's all a facade they put on to fit in. I would recommed a movie for you to watch. Stigmata. Go rent it.

User Detail :  

Name : Adriana, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Harrisburg, State : PA Country : United States, 

Teresa
    Participant
    I was raised not in a 'Christian home' but with Christian beliefs. I neglected those beliefs from my early teens until my mid-20's before finally feeling a personal need for God's guidance in my life. In seeking His guidance, I have looked at many different religions in an attempt to decide which is the 'right one.' I have recently come to believe, through a relationship with a Muslim, that no matter what religion we choose to follow, God expects us to live by the values of that faith and to be the best example for Him that we can be. I fully believe that my Christian values are the right beliefs and that the way to salvation is through the Son of God, Jesus Christ. However, I have come to accept that others of religions different than my own also feel the certainty that I feel that theirs is the right choice, and I respect anyone who has the strength and ability to live by their religious values, as NO religion is easy to follow in today's world. Right or wrong as I may be, I believe that God will hold each of us accountable for our actions in relation to the religion that we have chosen as right in our lives. Only you can decide what feels right to you, and only you can know when you have found God in your life - when you feel Him in your heart.

User Detail :  

Name : Teresa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 29, City : The Panhandle, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : social worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.