Oral Sex OK with Catholics?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

J.B.
    Do Roman Catholics consider oral sex a sin? Is oral sex considered sex, as in loss of virginity?

User Detail :  

Name : J.B., Gender : F, Age : 17, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Julia R.
    Participant
    I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic Sunday School (CCD) along with attending public schools. My older sister went to Catholic schools, as did my father. I was confirmed in the Catholic Church at 13, but no longer practice Catholicism. Oral sex was not often discussed in my church or school, but I never heard any mention of it being immoral by my parents. Although Catholics are widely reputed (rightly) as being against birth control officially, it is not necessarily true that all proper sex within a Catholic marriage must potentially lead to procreation. Oral sex, and sex during pregnancy, for instance, are permitted. Of course, many Catholics also practice birth control against the wishes of the church. In my opinion, oral sex is sex and negates virginity, and I think the Catholic Church might (unofficially) agree with me on that point.

User Detail :  

Name : Julia R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 31, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Chef, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Astorian
    Participant
    The Church teaches that sex is sacred and should be saved for a committed relationship, but the average person (including many Catholics) ignores the Church's ideals and just wants to know how far he/she can go without technically breaking any rules. It's this kind of silly thinking that leads many Catholics to think they can engage in ANY sexual activity short of vaginal intercourse and still remain 'virgins,' technically. This is what happens when people worry too much about the letter of the law and not about the ideals behind the law.

User Detail :  

Name : Astorian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 38, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

AH
    Participant
    I would like to ask the first responder to this question a question: Since, as you stated, the Church teaches that sex is sacred and should only occur in a committed relationship, then how about oral sex between spouses? I am Catholic, but my husband is not, and this is an issue for us.

User Detail :  

Name : AH, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Jeffersonville, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Clinical Research, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Mike
    Participant
    When I was growing up Catholic, all forms of sodomy were considered sins. This includes oral and anal sex. I am not a Catholic now, and so I do not feel the same way as the Catholic Church.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Security Officer, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

JW21138
    Participant
    I am a Catholic, not a good one since I don't know the answer to the question. However, most people quoted the Songs of Solomon to justify that oral sex is considered acceptable by the bible.

User Detail :  

Name : JW21138, City : Plano, State : TX Country : United States, 

Michael W.
    Participant
    According to Roman Catholic doctrine (which I believe to hold the truth of God), oral sex as an end is a form of contraception contrary to the God-given gift of our human (not animal) sexuality. This is a mortal sin, partly because it is acting as if our drive for pleasure is greater than the purpose for the sacred ritual that beautifully signifies love between couples who truly commit to one another through marriage. Not that expressing natural physical love for a spouse isn't supposed to be spontaneously enjoyable and deeply affectionate, on the contrary. Read about Natural Family Planning. As far as I understand, oral sex is acceptable only as a prelude to natural intercourse. I am slightly reluctant to bring to you this news, but I think even your conscience would dictate that no one who has sex of any nature with another human being can be truly considered a virgin. But through confession, repentance and acts of penance, a soul is forgiven and sins forgotten, and it is then 'pure' before the Lord.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael W., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Caucasian and Filipino, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : San Leandro, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : School District Maintenance, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.