Men’s scratching habits

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    I do not know about other men. I tend to scratch mine because it itches.

User Detail :  

Name : Christopher-Davis32103, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Arlington, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Teruth
    Participant
    Why do a lot of men seem to constantly scratch their privates, and then when called on it, use the excuse that they were "just adjusting"? And why does it need so much adjusting? I've only received a bunch of giggles from men when I have posed the question. An honest explanation would be appreciated from you guys out there.

User Detail :  

Name : Teruth, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : Colorado Springs, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Administration, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John K.
    Participant
    Well, there are a few reasons, but here are the main ones that I can think of. Regardless of how loose your underwear might be, the scrotum moves and can get pressed into an uncomfortable position. Recognize that depending on certain conditions, the scrotum will rise or sag to maintain proper temperature. So comfort can change. Also, sweating can make things stick in odd and alarming areas. And there's hair on the moving parts, which can get caught in bad places. So there are a lot of reasons. Think about when a bra shifts and begins to press in the wrong places...sometimes the only solution to the problem is to 'adjust'.

User Detail :  

Name : John K., Gender : M, Age : 27, City : Cranford, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Chemical Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jason B.
    Participant
    I don't know why you would doubt the guy if he says he is adjusting himself. There is a lot to adjust down there. If it is out of whack it can pull hair. Any temperature change can also change the size and shape, which can require adjustments. As a female, you don't have quite the equiptment down there that we do, or at least on the outside. Cut us some slack. And so what if sometimes it just itches.

User Detail :  

Name : Jason B., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Quad-Cities, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : sales, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

BL23448
    Participant
    Okay, here goes. I will speak for myself on the need to 'adjust'. There are several reasons: 1) Men need to adjust their scrotum and or penis much the same way women need to adjust their breasts (bras digging in, I suppose). If a man wears boxers and naturally hangs freely, he is much more inclined to get pinched when sitting down, squatting, making quick movements of the torso, etc. This is the primary reason I prefer jockey style briefs as they hold your privates steady, like a jock strap, albeit with less support, and reduces the need for adjustment; 2) when finished urinating while standing, and then placing his penis back, he may find his genitals in an uncomfortable position shortly after, thus the need to adjust (depending on the style of pants and underwear some men may have to work harder to remove and replace parts); 3) men often get spontaneous erections (to some degree, whether they want it or not and this IS embarrasing) and need to adjust to hide it or, when it has subsided, to put the parts back into a comfortable position; 4) some men may touch themselves unconsciously for no good reason; 5) they really do itch at times, and 6)some men are just crude. I'm sure most other men will agree with these reasons and probably have more to offer. Regardless of the need to adjust or scratch, however, a gentleman does it discreetly.

User Detail :  

Name : BL23448, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 41, City : New England, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : Professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Greg
    Well its hard to explain so try this, Place two golf balls in a small sack and then place them where they would be anatomically correct on a man and then go shopping then you well understand. I try to be very discreet while make adjustments lol.

User Detail :  

Name : Greg, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : Yorktown, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris32211
    Participant
    Men adjust themselves when necessary. I imagine in may be difficult for a woman to empathize since female genitalia are internal, while our sex organs are external. Hey, sometimes we get an itch. Or more commonly, our penises get "hung up" in our underwear, or the humidity causes our scrotums to stick to the skin of our legs. It's not a comfortable feeling. I associate this behavior with when I see women adjust their bras in public, which I interpret as an action toward greater comfort. I can understand this need. I don't think men should be frowned upon for "adjusting themselves" when they have to, although they should try to be discreet.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris32211, Gender : M, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, 

Bob
    I had to laugh when I read your post. It just reminded me of a gender joke. Why do women rub their eyes when they first wake up????????? Because they don't have balls to scratch! Enjoy, hope you find your answer.

User Detail :  

Name : Bob, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 27, City : Near Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Mechanic, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.