Male gynecologists

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CP19383
    Participant
    What motivates men to become gynecologists?

User Detail :  

Name : CP19383, Gender : F, Age : 21, City : Montreal, Quebec, State : NA Country : Canada, 

TR24802
    Participant
    That is something I have always wondered, too. After I read your question, I got to thinking, and I realized it is probably the same thing that motivates anyone to choose their career. I would guess that men become gynecologists because that is how they want to spend a large portion of their life earning their money and supporting their family.

User Detail :  

Name : TR24802, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Mormon, Age : 17, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Wendy24419
    Participant
    I'm not a gynecologist, but I would think that male gynecologists choose their specialty based on the same factors other doctors use. Why become a heart surgeon or podiatrist or dentist? I'd imagine it's a combination of finding the work interesting, finding a demand for that work, guidance while in training (say, a mentor who steers them that way) and how much money they can make. As a side note, the other day I was having a conversation with some female co-workers of mine and, to my surprise, they were all saying how they think the idea of male gynecologists is so gross and disgusting and how they could never be married to one. I, on the other hand, have always preferred men as my gynecologists, and didn't see their point. Just because a man doesn't have the same equipment I do doesn't mean he can't provide exceptional care.

User Detail :  

Name : Wendy24419, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Web Developer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.