Like attracts like?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

S-Sommer
    Participant
    Why is it that in college, all of the black people group together, and all of the Hispanics group together, and other groups distance themselves from whites? I came to college to get away from that, and it only seems worse.
    Original Code R596. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : S-Sommer, City : East Lansing, State : MI Country : United States, 

Keisha
    Participant
    It might help to turn the question around and ask, Why do all the white people sit together? Why do the whites distance themselves? I notice this at my college, too. If there are a group of black students sitting together, rarely does a white person sit at the table. Why? Probably because they are uncomfortable, and it's probably the same for other ethnicities. I'm black and not all that comfortable to spontaneously go and sit at a table where there are a group of whites, especially if I don't know them. I think it's more about the people you know than about race.

User Detail :  

Name : Keisha, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : Bronx, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, 

Be-Be
    Participant
    I fell that the reason is that college is new. The person leves the comfort of there home school and goes to a new and strange place. When they get there they tend to look for things that are fomiler, like someone of the same race or studing the same thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Be-Be, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Fort Walton Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.