Here is a question…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

GJ
    Why is it that the White Man can have numerous jokes made towards him or be negatively stereotyped yet when they do it, it is automatically either racist, sexist, and numerous other things? 2nd, don't say because of what they did in the past, we get it, but technically it wasn't ANY of the people around nowadays who did it or continue to take part in it, so I don't believe that can be a viable reason. This is because many times I have seen a white person be racially discriminated against and also put into a sexist category and they just seem to take it in stride, but if they do it, its time for war. So thats why I had this thought.

User Detail :  

Name : GJ, City : Wilkesboro, State : NC Country : United States, 

Mara
    Participant
    I've never actually HEARD a joke ribbing a white man. I've heard redneck jokes, farmer jokes, hillbilly jokes etc. but never one that explicitly uses race as a punchline. At least not one that was worth telling - How many times have you heard "A white guy, a black guy, and a Mexican walk into a bar..." that ends up with the white guy being the 'butt' of the joke?

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.