Guys only out for sex?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Why do girls always think guys are only out for sex? For example, when a guy acts nice to so many girls, they claim that he wants to get in their pants, when really they just want to be friendly. When did it become a crime to just be nice?

User Detail :  

Name : Robert Pearston, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 17, City : Cromwell, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    In the wide world of the 'PC' classroom, your female cohorts have been taught by their prude virgin and/or man-hating teachers that all straight males are either rapists or future rapists, and furthermore, all males are latent child molesters who can never, EVER be trusted around kids, especially female kids. This has been further reinforced by the media stereotypes they are continually exposed to. Keep being nice. Sooner or later you will find some girls who have either resisted the brainwashing, or been successfully counter-programmed by sane parents.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JasonS
    It's because some guys really are out for nothing but sex, and more have sex as a definite, if not the only, goal than are generally willing to admit it. To a certain point, women just have to be careful. On the other hand, ladies, there is a point at which it should become clear whether sex is the guy's primary goal or not. Note, though, that "is he just trying to have sex with me" and "WOULD he have sex with me in some realistic situation" are very different. Even if the answer to the first is no, and he really is just being nice, the answer to the second may well be yes. It doesn't mean he's being insincere, it just means he likes you and doesn't find you unattractive. It may take a bit to be sure of all this, though, so I think some caution on womens' parts is justified.

User Detail :  

Name : JasonS, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Bloomington, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    You are a guy. Maybe you should listen to your fellow men sometimes. Which is more common..."I'd jump on that!" or "I bet she's really sweet"? "Look at the *** on THAT girl" or "That sweater looks nice on her"? Which would most guys go to first, a strip club or a coffee shop? Hooters or Buffalo's? If you had both magazines on the coffee table which one would most guys pick up first: Playboy or Rolling Stone? See? Most guys ARE fixated on sex and women's bodies. As the old saying goes, "guys use love to get sex and women use sex to get love."

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    Unfortunately, you're trying to combat both a stereotype and what is common experience for many girls: nice guys only are nice until they get into your pants. Then they won't give you the time of day. At your age, most guys are in the midst of puberty where hormones are raging and testosterone levels are a LOT higher than they are normally in males. Which means that most guys ARE thinking about sex a lot. I read about a study once that said the average guy thinks about sex seven times in five minutes if I remember the numbers correctly. When women hear things like that, and then have guys "talk" to their boobs instead of looking them in the eyes, it's not really hard to understand why many girls would think that guys are only out for sex, is it?

User Detail :  

Name : ShellyStrauss Rollison, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 49, City : New Alexandria, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Minister, writer, activist, CNA, draftsman, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Brittany
    Participant
    Unfortunately when a female thinks that a male is only out for sex it is a barrier she places between herself and men based on past experiences or the neglect of a "good" man in her life. Therefore she views men as "dogs" and their very purpose is to get some. So to her men are the bad guys and even if they appear to be nice they have other underlying intentions. Men are oblivous to this because they are the victimizers when it comes to relationships most of the time. It is just a guard. My advice is to continue to be yourself and if you absolutely do not have intentions on having sex with her, then things will work out.

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

jacobhamil
    It's pretty much a defense mechanism. I say that because they've probably been hit on since they were like 15 by any number of dudes from different age ranges. And all of them were being "nice" to her. So as they get older, they learn to weed those out by being telling themselves, and each other, that he only wants to get laid. Or it can be that they're just playing hard-to-get. They all hace different tactics to achieve the same goal.

User Detail :  

Name : jacobhamil, City : atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.