French stereotypes from African-Americans

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant
    I am French man living in the United States. Since the War on Terrorism and the refusal of France to endorse the war, I've been exposed to many negative stereotypes on my people. I'm interested in hearing what some African-Americans think of French people and the Anti-French sentiment in the United States.

User Detail :  

Name : Daniel, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 22, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Marie
    Participant
    With all due respect Daniel, it's a relief to finally have negative focus off us for a change. Seriously, though, I think some people just love to hate. You and I both know that we are all human beings with the same potential to manifest both good and evil. It's all about what comes from the heart.

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 47, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Nichole
    Participant
    I don't understand why other Americans before the war, disliked French people. I don't get the anger. I've never disliked any ethnic group, race or anyone. I don't even understand why people dislike Arabs or Muslims. Personally, this war is pitiful. First it is revenge (which it is a stupid reason), I think the objective should have been for our protection. But, the first thing that comes to people's minds is revenge. Secondly, you should have gone after the persons who orchestrated this whole thing (they knew this was coming). Now the excuse is to bring democracy to the world. These people have had their civilization thousands of years before us. They know more about what they are doing than we do. Plus, now we are involved in a war that will probably last for thousands of years. These wars last that long-this has turned into a religous war. I know the President thought he could get in on some oil money or something, but he messed up big time and will be long dead (more than likely) before this thing blows over if it ever will. This is another example of certain whites trying to take over countries or territories (etc.) There's India, Africa, the Americas, Australia (maybe more places that I can't think of.)

User Detail :  

Name : Nichole, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, 

Kofi
    Participant
    I could not agree more with the France's position concerning Iraq.

User Detail :  

Name : Kofi, City : LIC, State : NY Country : United States, 

jill20829
    Participant
    'my people'? are you serious? have you seen irish people try to assert some sort of noble victimhood on these pages? it doesn't quite work out. its even less credible when 'your people's' history includes the subjugation, colonization and enslavement of northern and coastal africa, where french troops continue to roll around in armored vehicles firing on unarmed black people, and collaboration with the nazis. so its particularly hubristic of you to ask black americans to identify their historical victimhood with some mean things americans have said about the french. its true that since the postwar era many justifiably have come to a checkered view of france's disputable moral authority. however it is only the french who are so self-regarding as to be able to forget that it is the they who broke faith with americans a long time prior, leading the continental contempt for the u.s. as a brutal and unworthy backwater of philistines. we understand this to be a deflection of gallic shame over their multiple failures to construct a durable liberal republic. it is also not lost that the french have led the 'international community' in condemning every u.s. military deployment when in fact, whether its the asian pacific or the middle east, the problems the u.s. must confront were created by french imperialism. and that the only target the french will allow for their bellicosity are jews.

User Detail :  

Name : jill20829, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.