Dealing with Depression

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Scared
    I've been extremely unhappy for the last several months, for no real reason. I have caring family, friends, etc and appear upbeat to everyone. I'm suppposedly the 'fun, bubbly friend.' But when I'm alone, I feel like I'm in the depths of despair; I cry a lot and am just generally sad. I hide it well. Lately, I been feeling as though I can't bear all this pain any longer and I'm thinking of seeking help. So, where do I begin? If I go to my doctor, how would he diagnose me? To those who have gone for help, what's the process that you have to go through? Depression is caused by a chemical imbalance. Does that mean that all I'll only need is medication? Is counseling required? The thing is, I absolutely don't want any counseling...you're telling your deepest thoughts to a complete stranger, it's embarassing, and what will people think of me when they find out, they'll think I'm messed up...I just can't bring myself to do it. I guess that's the reason why I haven't gotten help for so long; I just can't deal with it. I just can't imagine talking to a stranger like that. I don't know why I feel this way...I'll talk to my friends, anyone, just not a counselor...I don't know what my problem is. I'm really scared...I just want to get through this. What do I do?

User Detail :  

Name : Scared, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 17, City : Newark, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

BenClerk
    Participant
    Ok, what you need is to let more emotion out so others can see. It seems emotional intake is one thing that effects depression. You need to let some emotions out or else there is no way anyone can help you. Depression to me can't be treated by a medication but only by overcoming your own mind. Depression is a form of insecurity and you need to realize that even if yeh, sometimes the world is depressing there is SOME reason its here and if we have to be here anyways we might as well enjoy it fully. Life is in knowledge.

User Detail :  

Name : BenClerk, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : mixed, Age : 15, City : Waldron, State : AR Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.