Cops of different races killing

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Reggie30130
    Participant
    Most often the police have no valid reason for shooting. The most common excuse he was running away he almsot got away then I thought I saw a gun! How many people can run with his back to someone and shoot the person chasing him at the same time; Thats almost impossible. These police are shooting people because they can get away with it and their mad that they are being out ran by a supposidly out of shape possible criminal whose only crime was running from the police who are notorious for beating Black men. You never shoot anyone expecially if they are not shooting at you And if you do you must pay. Ps. Contrary to popular belief police, courts, republicans, democrats or anyone one for that matter is right all the time unless the person you have wronged is Black.

User Detail :  

Name : Reggie30130, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 29, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

John
    Participant
    I'm a white male but I have lived in projects, and gone to majority black schools. I have been the victim of reverse racism, and while I don't condone thier actions, I can understand the reaction. When an unarmed black man is shot 40 something times, yet the white man who massacres a MacDonald's is still getting attempts to rationalize from the police, it's difficult to see it as anything other than racism. That, in fact, is exactly what it is. When I was jumped after Rodney King's famous encounter with the LAPD, I was also angry and resentful. Later, I understand the powerlesness and victimization. They weren't lashing out against me, they were lashing out at a system that will put a black man in jail for life over a $200 robbery, but lets Ken Lay off with his golden parachute to fall back on. Think about it, and maybe you'll start throwing fits, too.

User Detail :  

Name : John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Human, Religion : Omnitheist, Age : 24, City : Boynton Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommuications, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Gary
    Blacks have been the target of white injustice in this country for centuries. Even the courts sided with whites. There was a time, not so long ago, when blacks couldn't speak out against white authority. I hope that you're interested enough to read about this part of our history. You'll come to realize that some reactions to current events are based on the time when blacks didn't have a voice. Imagine, if the tables were turned, how you and your friends might feel about being the target of black injustice.

User Detail :  

Name : Gary, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 57, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Human Resources, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    Are you SERIOUS or is this a SICK JOKE? What's your reason for asking such a shallow, thoughtless, ignorant, dispassionate, racially biased question anyway!! Have you lost your ever lovin' mind!! Excuse me--but have you seen or heard of some sudden rash of killings of White people by Black police officers that the rest of us in the REAL WORLD the world don't know about? If so, please fill us in. Every part of your question is such a walking contradiction--it doesn't deserve even the slightest energy of a more thoughtful response. You are deeply disturbed and need some very serious mental/social 'de-programming' if you think it's OK to indiscriminately kill anyone simply because of their race or the color of their skin. In fact-you are even scarier because you're only 15 years old. I can't believe you actually said you 'understand that sometimes White cops kill Black people when it's not necessary'--what's to understand about anybody being killed at the personal discretion of another person? Stop watching so much MTV!! Why is that OK for you and how did you bring yourself to understand it? What's the justification? Because the person who got killed was a Black man? Who taught you that it was OK? At one time Whites engaged in the killing of Black men for 'sport' and in some places they still do today; both physically and mentally. Why ? Because White people have been indoctrinated to believe that Black people are not equal to them no matter WHAT the law says--do you understand THAT?!! Two pieces of advice for you: 1). Please go (RUN) to your nearest library and bone up on the history of legalized (YES--LEGALIZED) racial violence and other negative anti-social behavior and racially hateful acts (including killings) perpetrated and still being perpetrated on Blacks (esp Black men) by Whites from the beginning of this country. And... 2). The next time you get ready to share such malicious and insidious thoughts (no matter how naïve) in a public forum (or even privately) please remember the words of Abraham Lincoln--'it is much better to be silent and THOUGHT to be a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt' Radio Feedback

User Detail :  

Name : RadioFeedback, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 49, City : Hartford, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : Radio/TV Broadcasting, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

tom24142
    Participant
    the reason 3 out of 4 black males get involved with the law, is because 3 out of 4 black males are lawbreakers...coupled with the liberal media sensationalizing any instance where a white does harm to a black...for every black man dragged behind a pickup truck in texas, there were 100 white women raped, 100 white store owners shot, and 100 white people mugged by BLACKS....blacks are on the bottom, and will remain on the bottom, as long as they continue to be lazy and look for handouts for something that happened over 150 years ago....GET OVER IT

User Detail :  

Name : tom24142, City : carlsbad, State : CA Country : United States, 

K-S-B26905
    Participant
    First off, I don't believe I have ever heard of a black cop killing a white person. I have certainly heard of cops (usually race unspecified) killing people (but that's because I lived in Portland for many years, where it is a tradition for cops in hostage situations to shoot the hostage). This question was much discussed in the schools a few years back along with racial profiling, and my kids asked me why black people don't like cops and white people do. I told them that was a great oversimplification. I told my (black) son, who was writing a paper, that in my experience people tended to like cops less the more they saw of them, and thanks to racial profiling, black people see a lot more of cops than do most whites. But as a white person, I have to say I have been repeatedly treated with disrespect and hostility by police persons, and I have heard similar stories from white friends. This is not to say that police have always treated me disrespectfully, but it certainly seems to be common.

User Detail :  

Name : K-S-B26905, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : wasting muscle diseaee, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 67, City : Corvallis, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : retired, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Allison
    Participant
    As an upper middle-class suburban white woman, I take issue, based on my own experience, with the answer claiming police are friendly in the suburbs. I have experienced 'attitude' from the police on numerous occasions, mostly when I was younger, however. For example, I called to report a truck dumping boxes into the woods along a highway. When asked if I had the license plate number I started to reply 'No,' and the officer broke in with--'Then how do you expect us to do anything?' I did have the name and address of the company on the truck. When I went to the police station to report an accident, I was sneered at for being stupid enough to believe that the other driver provided correct information. (He had.) I was sexually harrased by a police officer one afternoon when I was a teenager. This is why I was not shocked by the Rodney King beating. If I have been treated in this way, I can easily imagine other people being treated much worse.

User Detail :  

Name : Allison, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : overweight, chronic pain (etc.), Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 50, City : Middletown, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : homemaker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Erica
    Participant
    Two years ago in our city a man who was a known drug dealer and had multiple warrants for his arrested was cornered by APD in a home in the Sonia Quarters. He had an uzi and other weapons and was firing on the cops who had come to arrest him. The cops burst into the home when he said he was surrendering and the suspect opened fire and killed two white police men and wounded/blinded other white cops. He was then killed by the follow up unit. It caused a huge rift in the community because the family of the suspect filed wrongful death charges against the city and swore that he had done nothing wrong. 4 little girls lost their daddies that day because this suspect did not want to go to jail. It is sickening to the city...people of all races that the family is justifying what he did and glorifying his death. Each year on the anniversary they have parties to celebrate his life and most people in the city feel this is distastful because he was a known criminal and murderer. I guarantee that if he had murdered black cops, there wouldn't have been such a fuss. I do not understand how this man can be considered a hero for running from the law and killing two men. If anyone else has comments on this, please do so. It has disturbed me since this event occured that the family of this man are trying to turn him into a demigod for his behavior. This story was covered nationally because things like this rarely happen in our area. Help me wrap my head around this.

User Detail :  

Name : Erica, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Alexandria, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Robin
    I have noticed this myself. I have family members married to black people, so I have asked them but there doesn't seem to be an answer. It's like why there is a Miss Black America, where whites are not allowed to enter. Imagine the outcry if we had a Miss White America, or White History Month? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over the airwaves about how unequal and racially insensitive it all is. Personally, I think there are as many black cops killing whites but someone has the sense to not overly publicize it.

User Detail :  

Name : Robin, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 47, City : Orange Park, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : retired, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
    I don't ever recall anyone ever saying or implying that it's 'okay' for a Black cop to kill a white person. I WILL tell you this...I live in New York, and I've seen more of my brethren and sistren die at the hands of the police than I care to remember. To list the names of all the Black men and women whose blood was spilled would require that I type for the next several hours. But I will honor a few with the mention of their names: Michael Stewart-arrested for spraying graffiti on a subway car. He was in perfect health prior to his arrest. After his arrest, he ended up brain dead due to damage done by the beating about the head he received from the police who arrested him. Eleanor Bumpurs-60 something year old woman shot dead for allegedly 'charging' police with a butcher knife...a crock a b.s., for Ms. Bumpurs own physician admitted that Ms. Bumpurs was so ill and arthritic in her knees, that there was no way she could have 'charged' at anyone. Those are only two. I'm sure you could care less about these people, or the rest of them. As for Miss Black America, that pageant celebrates BLACK beauty, something that the traditional pageant does not. And the few times it did, the contestants were so damned lightskinned that no one could tell they were Black. Black History Month celebrates the achievements and accomplishments, past AND present, of my people. We are MORE than entitled to our pageant AND our month.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw22325, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 43, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : Germany, Occupation : Account Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.