Christianity

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nicky
    Participant
    I frequently wonder how and why the races that have been oppressed by others in the name of christianity would adopt the christian religion. Christianity has been used to justify the enslavement and mass murder of Blacks, Jews, Native Americans, and other 'primitive' cultures. Missionaries would force their beliefs down these peoples throats, withhold food, destroy their images of their own gods, threaten, rape and kill if the 'pagan savages' didn't believe in their precious Jesus. Somehow I don't think Jesus, if he did indeed exist would have approved of this destruction of others and their cultures. When I went to Alaska, I found out that totem poles were destroyed because the missionaries didn't approve. And people were even told that they were practicing sex the wrong way...hence the missionary position. Please!!!!!! Could someone explain to me why christianity is embraced by the non-caucasian peoples? What rationale do people use to treat non-whites this way? Didn't the Judeo/Christian god create these people too?

User Detail :  

Name : Nicky, Gender : F, Religion : Pagan, Age : 46, City : Ft Worth, State : TX Country : United States, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.