Bought justice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    I feel resentment towards people who use their wealth and positions of power to buy their way out of trouble, and this in turn makes me regard with distrust and suspicion anyone with wealth and power. Example; a billionaire admitted three charges of importing drugs into New Zealand recently, he was discharged without conviction and given name suppression. It was reported that part of this deal included a large donation to a drug rehabilitation clinic. The judge even told him to have a lovely stay in New Zealand. If I did the same thing I think I would be treated differently. Western society's are supposed to have safe-guards to stop the wealthy from cheating justice, why do people in positions of power allow this to happen? I think the wealthy should be able to buy better cars, houses and clothes than me, they shouldn't be able to buy better justice than me.

User Detail :  

Name : Trust no manager, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Wellington, State : NA Country : New Zealand, Occupation : Librarian, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.