Blacks endorsing their own hate crimes?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ArzaThoth
    Participant
    Where were the national media in December 2000 when two black brothers from Dodge City, Kan., committed a quadruple murder against whites in Wichita? After breaking into the apartment of one of the victims and ransacking the place, they forced at gunpoint five whites — three men and two women — to drive to a number of ATM machines and withdraw money. Afterward, the victims were taken to a remote soccer field where the women were repeatedly raped. Then all five were made to kneel on the ground and were shot by their kidnappers. One white woman survived and later identified the two brothers as the perpetrators of a heinous crime ... that never made the national news. Local authorities claimed race was no motive, despite the fact that the brothers had been on a weeklong crime spree in which all of their victims had been white.

Also, where were CNN and Fox News only a year earlier when three white Michigan teens were brutally assaulted by a gang of blacks after the former had hopped a train and landed in a black neighborhood? One of the whites, 14, was killed. The other boy was nearly beaten to death, while the lone white female was shot in the face after having been forced to perform oral sex on the perpetrators.

Finally, why were the national media silent when in 1998 three black teens in Burlington, N.C., kidnapped, raped and murdered a 10-year-old white girl? Where was Peter Jennings when a white man was nearly beaten and stomped to death upon leaving a restaurant near Ft. Bragg, N.C., by a gang of blacks? And where was Tom Brokaw when a white woman of Streator, Ill., died in August 1998 after being dragged for three miles behind a black driver's automobile?

Why haven't we heard more from the black community in the United States about this type of behavior? When whites commit idiotic crimes, other whites are quick to call the perpetrators the evil bastards that they are ... but in situations like these, the black community is silent. Is it perhaps because they secretly endorse this kind of behavior?

User Detail :  

Name : ArzaThoth, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 27, City : Central, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

justin27074
    Participant
    Blacks don't think there is such a thing as a 'racist' crime by a black person against a white person. I may not be speaking from personal experience, but I do know that the popular rhetoric is that it's only 'racism' if it comes from the top, down. if it comes from the bottom, up it's 'rightious fury'. Whether that's B.S. or not depends on whether you're a race-baiting liberal or a race-baiting conservative.

User Detail :  

Name : justin27074, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sarah-Jayne28388
    Participant
    "Is it perhaps because they secretly endorse this kind of behavior?" That's outrageous. I'm sure that's not the case. You can't put all black people in the one category.

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah-Jayne28388, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Gloria-W21511
    Participant
    It sounds like you've answered your own question. I listen to the national news and read the newspaper and have never heard any of those crimes you've mentioned. Are you having flashbacks from crimes you read about against blacks? I guess your point is that blacks are committing racial crimes against whites and no one is saying anything about it, as opposed to whites committing crimes against minorities and everyone gets up in arms about it. To me, any crime is atrocious, regardless of who commits it.

User Detail :  

Name : Gloria-W21511, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Mickey M.
    Participant
    I don't think you could find a good-hearted Black person that would agree with those acts of violence. But Black-on-White hate crimes don't invoke the same outcry because they are relatively a recent phenomenon, when White-On-Black hate crimes have existed since slavery and before. The media is meant to sell papers or ad time. They report what people want to hear, what they agree with. Most White people want to believe the only racists are the poor Whites living in the Hills committing hate crimes. Blacks don't want anymore negative representation of themselves in the media. The media will not reach their ultimate financial goal reporting stories that inflame. Sad but true.

User Detail :  

Name : Mickey M., Gender : M, Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Longshoreman, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Gregory-H21596
    Participant
    First, you yourself identified the white-run media as the reason these crimes received little or no national recognition. I had only heard about one of the crimes you mentioned (the train incident). How is the black community to respond when they haven't heard about something? Second, a racial motivation is not clear in all of the crimes you mentioned, although I would agree that it seems apparent in some of them.

User Detail :  

Name : Gregory-H21596, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : law student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Jummy
    Participant
    Just because YOU haven't heard anything doesn't mean black people are silently cheering for such evil acts. An injustice will always be bad. It does not matter who commits it. A wrong act is still wrong, whether it is by a black or a white person. The reason you probabply haven't heard anything is that the media chooses what it wants everyone to know. The black community could shout at the top of its lungs how horrible these injustices are, yet that doesn't mean that it will be heard. And it seems you are saying the media is there when hate crimes are committed on black people but not when they are committed on white people. I could pick instances in which the media shows a majority of black people committing crimes and never depicting white people committing crimes. Or, I could talk about other instances in which black people were the only ones depicted as thugs, hoodlems and thieves. But what would be the point?

What gets me here is that you would actually think that the 'black community' would 'secretly endorse' such atrocities. The people who commit them will pay, come judgment day. These incidents that occurred are wrong and hateful and happen both ways, but instead of screaming about how wrong they are, we need to concentrate on changing people's perceptions and viewpoints about one another, because only then will these disgusting hate crimes come to an end.

User Detail :  

Name : Jummy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 21, City : Jamaica, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

ife
    Participant
    The black community does not endorse these heinous crimes that you have mentioned. Like all types of crime towards anybody regardless of race/color, most level headed people( white/ Black are against it). You mentioned that the black community seems silent towards such crimes, it is because we don't have a lot of leaders in the right places. How many blacks have political/ influential positions in this country??? You bet there are not as many as theIr white counterparts?? I believe the only reason you hear about hate crimes directed towards Blacks, is because the white politicians join the ' bandwagon' , for only ONE REASON, their VOTE.

User Detail :  

Name : ife, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : miami, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

JimBob
    Participant
    ..and so? What's your point here?

User Detail :  

Name : JimBob, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 55, City : Salem, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : Retired, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

I. Moses.
    ArzaThoth's argument is troubling, not just because it is such an insult to good judgment and common sense, but because it reminds us all of the thriving obsession among many in this country with inflaming and reinforcing prejudices. Blacks, who have been the victims of so much crime and suffering in this country, are probably more empathetic than most Americans to the suffering of others. After all, any man anywhere in the world who has ever been hit or kicked in the groin (and that includes most men) will instinctively groan when he sees it happen to another man. Those who have known suffering cannot help but empathize with another fellow sufferer, regardless of race, color or creed.

So the notion that blacks would somehow endorse these crimes is ludicrous. It is the classic psychological projection defense, in which whites go out of their way to find reasons for accusing blacks of having the very same unhealthy attitudes and motives held by so many whites. The overwhelming majority of the nearly 500 hate groups in this country are white, and 75 percent of them target their hate against blacks. There is little indication that white Americans are as outraged with the behavior of these groups as ArzaThoth would have us believe.

Blacks rely on the national media no less than whites, and if that media ignored those crimes, there is no reasonable basis for blaming blacks for not knowing about them, especially because the nearly 37 million blacks in this country do not all live next door to where those crimes occurred. Plus, black expressions of alarm and outrage have never garnered much attention in this country. That is why so many of our problems just fester and get worse.

That a white commits a crime against a black or a black against a white does not in and of itself make that crime 'racially motivated.' A crime becomes racially motivated if the principal reason for the crime is racial. If the principal reason is anything else, e.g. sex, money, drugs, etc., then the crime cannot be adjudged to be racially motivated. And any media, be it local or national, would be irresponsible in labeling it so.

User Detail :  

Name : I. Moses., Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, City : Columbia, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

alex
    Participant
    What do you want to hear from the black community? Hell, the only thing the black community heard form white people about slavery was when Clinton apoligized for it. AND he has nothing to do with it! So wtf? am i supposed to apologize to you for somethin I didnt do, but members of my ethnicity (and probably some of yours) did? I had nothin to do with that, and i am sorry for the victims families, no matter their race. But if the victims families think like you do, it is safe to say we have more white supremacists on the planet.

User Detail :  

Name : alex, Gender : F, Race : *poweRpuFF greeN*, Age : 19, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : *maDsCienTist*, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.