Black/White relations outside of U.S.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Andres
    Participant
    I am interested in hearing about race relations, White/Black in perticular, from around the world. England, for example, or the current relations and mindsets in South Africa since the fall of Apartied. Or what about Brazil? The White minority in Jamaica? Everyone hears about America: the police beatings, LA riots, Blacks being shot for holding a candy bar or a wallet, KKK blowing up Black churches, Haitian American sodimized by police officer with a toliet plunger, etc. I'm not naive enought to think its just the U.S. Who is England's Malcom X or Martin Luther King? Latin America's Harriet Tubman or Freddrick Douglass? Europe's White Power groups? Post-Apathied South Africa's Rodney King? I gather U.S.'s racist legacy must have been (and still is) worse than other countries, but i know it existed elsewhere and certainly still does today just to what degree? Both White and Black sides of the coin are welcome, as well as other races and race descrimination issues. The White Australians and Aborigines, for example, who do they regard one another, in general? I also heard of rival between Black Haitians and Mulatto Haitians, how are relations today? Belize? (Is Mulatto still an acceptable term? I always thought it sounded like the name of a cookie.)

User Detail :  

Name : Andres, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Chambersburg, State : PA Country : United States, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.