Black males intimidated by me?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Jay-Gee
    Participant
    As I have gotten older I have realized that black men are not avoiding me presay... I have come to the realization that many black men don't know how to treat a black women that holds herself to a higher standard. They have all these images from the videos and televison of black women throwing themselves at black men. So they have come to expect every black women to act the same way. Sadly you have some black women that degrade themselves by the way they dress and the way they carry themselves. So that make them easy to approach because no one wants to be rejected so some black men go after what they know they can get with. And that makes it hard for the black women that takes pride in herself. So don't fret about it you still young your Mr. Right is out there and when you meet him you'll just know. Stay strong my young black sister...

User Detail :  

Name : Jay-Gee, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 33, City : any where, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : military, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Linda
    I grew up black and southern. Among black southern women, some of us were taught to appear passive. It is to 'lift' your man. But the unkept secret is that she is 'really' the driving force. To say that the appearance of passivity is 'not black' is limited view of the black experience. So, Honey, be who you are, your soulmate is out there. He will know that kindness is not weakness.

User Detail :  

Name : Linda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Jewish, Age : 40, City : Juneau, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Education, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    First you must look at yourself and your enviroment. I graduated recently and things have totally changed for me. When I was in junior high I went to a majority white school and white guys liked me, maybe it was because I was a limited commodity I won't really know. In high school it was majority black and hispanic. Both of these races approached me and it wasn't because I was a limited commodity. I personally think It's about preference and maturity. Now I'm in college and I've been appraoched by all types and I think that's because in college guys have finally reached that level of maturity where character and not just looks is attractive. Don't forget to look at yourself though. It could be who you hang around in school and how you've acted towards certain people. Guys tend to watch for a while before thay approach you and at point if you've had a bad attitude with one black guy you might have be pegged stuck up. Or it could just be that these are seeing you only go out with white guys and feel like those are the only guys that you like. Think about it.

User Detail :  

Name : Aayesha Izoela LaMark, Gender : F, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Waitress, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris32170
    Participant
    Don't worry about why black males like or dislike you. Just worry about your not beleving in God that is your major problem.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris32170, City : waldorf, State : MD Country : United States, 

Brett-B19430
    Participant
    Genetics affect greatly what we are attracted to. While white guys might like small butts, white skin, passiveness, and the shape of a white girl's face- a black guy might not like that, simply because of genes. Personally I'm not really attracted to black girls... I don't like their faces, how they act, or much else about them... I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but genes really do affect how we act, look, and who we're attracted to. Often we'll naturally try not to breed too close to our DNA or too far away. But I DON'T think it's because people are racist and are like 'I don't want to have anything to do with white/black people', it's just genetics!

User Detail :  

Name : Brett-B19430, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    Jake S, you said: 'By the way, the oft-quoted mantra of, 'Strong Black Woman' is interpreted by many black males as being a female with a standoffish attitude, coupled with the inablity to compromise.' Now, think about this...could it be that Black men... ...fueled by their own feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, their inability to reach the pinnacles of success that their white male counterparts have reached, their inability or lack of desire to build a strong nation of Black people, via marrying the mothers of their children and loving and raising their children (you are aware that nationally, between 65-70% of Black children are raised in single parent households), because of the ever increasing gap between EDUCATED, GAINFULLY EMPLOYED BLACK WOMEN and UNEDUCATED CHRONICALLY EMPLOYED/UNDEREMPLOYED BLACK MEN, that more and more Black women are purchasing their own homes and other properties, without the Black Man's assistance, and that while more and more Black women attend and graduate college, more and more Black men are filling our nations prisons... ...have something to do with this callous, ugly sentiment many brothas like yourself have about Black women? I ask because, I know many Black men...and the ones who are successful, who've worked hard to educate themselves and find meaningful, well paying jobs, who own their own homes, who live the American Dream, don't whine about Black women and spew negativity about us, as nearly as much as the broke and busted Black man who has nothing to show for his life. Just curious...

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Damn, Jake, you certainly don't sound like a happy brotha...in fact, you sound downright hostile and defensive, and it sounds like you don't care too much for Black women, either. I love Black men. But some Black men have some serious issues with Black women. Let's start with the term STRONG BLACK WOMAN. In many instances, we are strong, and with good reason. In addition to having had to fight racism, we've also had to fight sexism...and white men weren't the only men who were tossing sexism our way...the brothas were doing it too. Abuse from white man, topped with abuse from black men...what is a woman to do...crumble, or toughen up and stand strong? Not to get too far off topic, but this relates to this topic. I'm sure you remember The Color Purple. I certainly do, and I als

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.