Black-less TV sitcoms

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Christina32044
    Participant
    I can understand why black people might be mad about there being no shows ABOUT blacks and other minorities, but why does there have to be a black character on Friends or other shows like that? They talk about the show like it's a portrayal of real life! It's a SITCOM, for god's sakes!!! Are the pratfalls and ugly naked guys 'realistic' to you? I think the reason for there not being any minority-starred shows is plain money. The networks HAVE tried multi-ethnic shows, but no one watched them! Look at the Cosby Show! It was on, NOT to include blacks, but because it was a good show and got high ratings!!! They dragged that show forever!

User Detail :  

Name : Christina32044, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Long Beach, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

James-W20871
    Participant
    If you can remember, there was love triangle between Ross, Joey, and a black female on Friends? I think the actress was Gabrielle Union, from Bring it On. It doesn't bother me that a black person isn't a regular part of the cast because their traits trascend race. Everybody knows a Joey. A player. Rachel, a high maintenance female. and so on...

User Detail :  

Name : James-W20871, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.