America trying to get rid of Mexicans?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Christian
    Participant
    I think it is a bunch of bull that Americans are trying to pass a law that will send a lot of Mexicans back to Mexico. I've been here for more than 5 years and call America home. Why do Americans start crap with every other race? Christians should agree with me because God made all land for everyone.

User Detail :  

Name : Christian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : LA, State : UT Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Adele19670
    Participant
    I think Mexicans and any other immigrant should have every opportunity to live a peaceful and productive life. This is just another way of putting all the attention elsewhere, instead of dealing with outsourcing and corporate greed, the things that are really killing this country (not law-abiding citizens who work for wages that any naturalized American would not work for).

User Detail :  

Name : Adele19670, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 45, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rick-J
    Participant
    I think you are referring to the Illegal immigrants. The term illegal immigrant refers to anyone who enters the country illegally, not Latinos or Mexicans exclusively. I believe that America is a country based on laws, and if you perform illegal actions you should be punished regardless of your race or nationality. So sending Mexicans back to Mexico does not pertain to those here legally.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick-J, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Sikh, Age : 53, City : Stone City, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Accountant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Michael19702
    Participant
    I think this issue's about fairness and following rules more than anything else,not hatred towards a particular race.Laws should be fair and realistic for everyone, in my opinion.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael19702, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Cal19707
    Participant
    It's more economic than racial. The problem with illegal Mexican immigrants is that they are overwhelmingly poor. They provide cheap labor that depresses wages. They put pressure on public services like emergency rooms and especially schools. Poor people simply don't pay enough taxes to support the services that they demand. Yes, they provide cheaper goods and services, but I would rather pay an extra 25 cents for a head of lettuce than have overcrowded schools and jails, bankrupt hospitals and freeways crowded with uninsured motorists.

User Detail :  

Name : Cal19707, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 46, City : Lakewood, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Enginner, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    I would suggest that you research how Americans who want to legally emigrate to other countries are treated; and how illegal aliens are treated by other countries. The U.S. has one of the most moronically lenient policies toward illegal aliens in the world, second only to France and Britain (who are tied for first). If we want to retain our identity as a country, we have to do something, and really soon, before the next 9/11 is perpetrated by terrorists who are already in this country illegally, but being ignored and coddled by local and federal law enforcement because to do otherwise would lead to more pissy screeching about 'racism.' It has nothing to do with the 'poor, oppressed Mexican-Americans', although in my opinion, deporting a few hundred thousand of the folks who come here legally solely to make money and hate 'gringos' up close and personal; and have no interest in actually becoming Americans; isn't exactly a bad idea, either.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nick19701
    Participant
    George Bush and his whole 'party' are nothing but racist white devils who deserve to be lynched like how their great-grandfathers did minorities back in the day. By passing this law, he is basically saying, 'I don't want you Mexicans in my country anymore!' This is just another step toward the end of the American empire. It's funny to actually find people who think that we (Latinos) are taking this too personally; when in fact, I don't think we're taking it serious enough. How else do you think we got here? They didn't let us come across with a smile. If anybody thinks differently or supports this new law, then you're a racist piece of crap, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Nick19701, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Nelson-A19698
    Participant
    Good thing for many illegal Hispanic immigrants that most non-Hispanic Americans believe that Hispanic-Latinos are brown skinned, with dark hair and listen to Tejano music. I have a Venezuelan friend now that is illegal in the US. He has been there for the past 2 years and he has NO immigration problems. He is white. He works as a manager at a fast food chain and is starting to get into real estate, his English is near fluent (studied academically), and he looks like Joe Schmo from Kentucky. He has been around when immigration officers take away the 'illegal immigrants', he stands there with the other onlookers and these officers never suspect that 'Joe Smith' is as illegal and Hispanic as the guys they are taking in. I believe there is racism present. I have a feeling that if most of these illegals looked like my friend (white blonde), many things would be different. I'm telling you, white Hispanics have no problem in the US and they even make it to high corporate positions, like FORD CEO Padilla. ALL the colonies ever set up by the British, including the US, have had racial problems. Australia, India, the US, Palestine, Gibraltar, Canada, everywhere...it seems it's in their blood. When the English came to America, they were also illegal acording to the indigenous people already here. So, my interpretation, it's all legal, but it's illegitimate.

User Detail :  

Name : Nelson-A19698, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 36, City : Caracas, State : NA Country : Venezuela, Social class : Middle class, 

Daryl19787
    Participant
    If I broke into your home and lived there for the last five years, would you be christian enough to say its mine or would you 'start crap' with me?? After all 'God did make all land for everyone!' People, people...boundaries are a good thing and even the Bible says in many words to respect and honour your neighbor, never use, abuse or try to take over your neighbors property. The fact that you are here legally that great - you respect the laws of this land. If you are here illegally - it would be really dumb for Americans - not to 'Start Crap' with you! - Hey - I'm an asian - here Legally - and I would start crap with you!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Daryl19787, Gender : M, Race : Asian, Age : 30, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, 

Mara
    Participant
    Well, Christian, I see that you say you call America home, but don't claim to be American. I also note that you confuse nationality with ethnicity. No matter how the hispanics pine to be seen as victims of civil rights violations, the fact is that the ones we want to deport ARE CRIMINALS!!!! Lawbreakers who cheat the immigration system, broke into our country, stole or purchased someone else's identity, work in unsafe environments and accept wages that undercut legal workers. They ignore traffic laws, insurance laws, zoning laws, business licensce laws, basic sanitation and harrass women on the street. Now...if they wanted to be Americans they COULD apply like every other hopeful immigrant. But that's not what illegal immigrants from Mexico want. They want to reap the rewards that hard-working dedicated Americans demanded, instead of they themselves staying home and forcing their own government to meet the demands of its own people. They don't want to fix their own proverbial house but they're more than willing to break into ours and take anything they can get away with. And just to be clear...we're talking about Mexicans and NOT Latino/Hispanic Americans. You can try to spin it into some kind of racist thing, but if there's one thing it's NOT is race-based. Nationalist? Maybe so. But really, if they don't have permission to be here, why SHOULDN'T we deport the liars?

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    The United Status have dipped into so many wars, that around the world you are called terrorist. I have lived in six different countries and let me tell you that the only reason you are not liked is because you are portrayed as ignorant rednecks who think themselves superior to everyone else and who have gained power by the sufferings of the destitute. And let's face it, America is the land of the free, so why would you go against your belief and get rid of people who are there legally? To benefit the true Americans? And who are they? Surly not the natives that owned this land before you! Face it we are immigrants, and we have no right to judge who can stay and who must leave!

User Detail :  

Name : ScarletteLastar, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Half Black-Half White, Religion : Humanist, Age : 22, City : Montreal, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : student/receptioniste, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Good job of completely invalidating any cogent point you might have been attempting to make there, Chief. Brownsville Texas has a crime-rate comparable to New York City. it also has the highest number of Mexican illegal aliens of any mid-size city in the U.S. You do the math. Assuming you can. BadKarma!

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    but it's not YOUR home. America welcomes more LEGAL immigrants and permanent residents than any other nation on earth. Regardless of your ethnicity or culture, if you follow the law and obey the rules you won't have to worry about being asked to leave, or being forcibly expelled. Far too many Mexicans believe that they have some kind of right to be in OUR country, taking resources from OUR children and communities, stealing OUR birthright. They act as if they DESERVE to take what our fathers have built. They act as if WE have no right to say who lives among us. Personally, I prefer to live among people who value honesty, decency, respect for the law, cleanliness, and the rights of others. If you are in this country illegally, you obviously don't hold to these American values.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    As one who lives in an area with more illegal aliens than legal taxpayers, allow me to enlighten you... Most of the legal Americans in my neighborhood are Latino. They don't want to pay for your kids' educations and health care either. It's not about race, it's about money. California is broke, L.A. County is broke, the city is broke. Don't you get it? We can't afford to keep absorbing hundreds of thousands of people every year who pay little to no taxes. While there are a few committing social security fraud and paying into a system they can't use, most in my area are cash only workers who send every spare dime out of the country. It wouldn't matter if you were a white eastern european. I can't afford to educate my own kids, let alone yours.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.