A little about Iraqi teens, please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Smurf
    Participant
    How to Iraqi teenagers live? How do they worship? What do they eat? How do they deal with constant blackouts and bombings? Do they watch TV? Do they attend school? What are their houses and bathrooms and yards like? Do they play sports? What do they do for fun?

User Detail :  

Name : Smurf, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Greer, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

Lewis22909
    Participant
    I have been to the Middle East and have seen how typical Arab teens live. I can't answer all your questions, but I'll help you with a few. Most Arab teenagers are Muslims like they're parents, but, like in every culture, teens are a bit more liberal than their parents when it comes to religious views. Food: They usually eat rice. That's the cheapest thing around. If they can get their hands on meat (which is expensive), it's usually lamb or chicken. No pork. No shellfish (shrimp, lobster, crab, etc.) because those foods are religiously prohibited. TV: I doubt most families have TV, but I could be wrong. TV isn't that popular in the Mideast, but most Arabs love radios. School: To my knowledge, yes, they attend school. Living: Houses vary according to family wealth, but the bathrooms are strange by U.S. standards. To our eyes, it's simply a hole in the ground with a nozzle. You have to 'squat and aim.' Sports: The main sport in the Arab world is soccer. Upper class Iraqis and Arabs in general enjoy horse racing. I wouldn't be able to tell you how they cope with the blackouts and bombings; sorry, but I hope my information helped.

User Detail :  

Name : Lewis22909, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

SadhbhDC
    Unfortunatley there's very little information about ordinary Iraqis circulating into the international media, but Iraqi refugees have made a dent. Many middle class, professional families have fled to Syria and Jordan and their children often don't go to school. They typically worry about the safety of their families and economic survival (most families live on savings since they are not permitted to work). Most middle class Iraqi teenagers are very aware of the international community and often follow similar trends in fashion and muscic. They are becoming radicalised compared to their parents and are strongly anti-american. They are overwhelming in favour of immediate withdrawal of US troops and tend to believe that the invasion was all about oil. Recently a British Dispatches doc

User Detail :  

Name : SadhbhDC, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 15, City : Dublin, State : NA Country : Ireland, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.