Reply To: Blacks endorsing their own hate crimes?

Jummy
Participant
Just because YOU haven't heard anything doesn't mean black people are silently cheering for such evil acts. An injustice will always be bad. It does not matter who commits it. A wrong act is still wrong, whether it is by a black or a white person. The reason you probabply haven't heard anything is that the media chooses what it wants everyone to know. The black community could shout at the top of its lungs how horrible these injustices are, yet that doesn't mean that it will be heard. And it seems you are saying the media is there when hate crimes are committed on black people but not when they are committed on white people. I could pick instances in which the media shows a majority of black people committing crimes and never depicting white people committing crimes. Or, I could talk about other instances in which black people were the only ones depicted as thugs, hoodlems and thieves. But what would be the point?

What gets me here is that you would actually think that the 'black community' would 'secretly endorse' such atrocities. The people who commit them will pay, come judgment day. These incidents that occurred are wrong and hateful and happen both ways, but instead of screaming about how wrong they are, we need to concentrate on changing people's perceptions and viewpoints about one another, because only then will these disgusting hate crimes come to an end.

User Detail :  

Name : Jummy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 21, City : Jamaica, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College,