Reply To: “White Entertainment” awards?

The NAACP Image Award is given in recognition of African Americans who strive for and reach excellence in every walk of life, from the arts to education to business. Let me ask you: Why are you so threatened and perturbed by African Americans who recognize the achievements of other African Americans, famous and not famous? What is it about us celebrating our successes that has your thong in a bunch? Understand this: We will continue to celebrate OUR successes in life, the big and the little ones - from my 12-year-old son making honor roll and earning a black belt in karate to Halle Berry and Denzel Washington earning Oscars, to Dr. Ben Carson being recognized as one of the greatest pediatric neurosurgens to date. We will continue to celebrate high achievers who are alive and who have passed on. And if you have a problem with that, that's too damn bad. In the interim, I would strongly advise that you and other whites obsessed with African-American people stop worrying about what we choose to celebrate, or what we choose to name our children, or what we choose to call ourselves, and tend to your own affairs. We are no longer your business; we stopped being your business when slavery was abolished in this country. You need to make better use of your time than asking dumb-ass questions about my people. As for the NAAWP awards, celebrate whatever the hell you like. Just mind your own business and leave my people alone.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw19468, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 43, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,