Reply To: Whites playing “Affirmative Action” card

Edward H.
Participant
It might be because it is true. I tested for a large surburban Police Department. I scored a 98 percent on the test. I ended up 31st on a list of 50 eligible to be hired. The reason? As a white male I received no 'bonus points'. If I had been a minority, I would have received 20 points. If I were a veteran, I would have received 15 points, and If I were a minority female I would have received 25 points. There was a maximum of 25 points allowed in all categories. There were people who were on the list with up to 114 percent. As a side note, all the people who scored 95 percent and above received no bonus points. We were not eligible. I was the first one offered a job. I turned it down. This department already had more than its share of minorities as far as demographics of the area were concerned. I went to another department with the same amount of minorities, but fair hiring practices. You figure out on which side of the stateline there are less troubles.

User Detail :  

Name : Edward H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 43, City : Independence, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : communications..former cop, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,