Reply To: A little about Iraqi teens, please

Lewis22909
Participant
I have been to the Middle East and have seen how typical Arab teens live. I can't answer all your questions, but I'll help you with a few. Most Arab teenagers are Muslims like they're parents, but, like in every culture, teens are a bit more liberal than their parents when it comes to religious views. Food: They usually eat rice. That's the cheapest thing around. If they can get their hands on meat (which is expensive), it's usually lamb or chicken. No pork. No shellfish (shrimp, lobster, crab, etc.) because those foods are religiously prohibited. TV: I doubt most families have TV, but I could be wrong. TV isn't that popular in the Mideast, but most Arabs love radios. School: To my knowledge, yes, they attend school. Living: Houses vary according to family wealth, but the bathrooms are strange by U.S. standards. To our eyes, it's simply a hole in the ground with a nozzle. You have to 'squat and aim.' Sports: The main sport in the Arab world is soccer. Upper class Iraqis and Arabs in general enjoy horse racing. I wouldn't be able to tell you how they cope with the blackouts and bombings; sorry, but I hope my information helped.

User Detail :  

Name : Lewis22909, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States,