Reply To: How about when they DON’T come out of the rain?

Susie27506
Participant
I find this difficult to believe. Maybe you just haven't noticed hair odor in your own 'race.' Most white Americans (aside from a lot of seniors who grew up in a different era) wash their hair every day. (I can't speak for other ethnic groups.) Unless they've just come out of the health club and haven't had time to wash their hair again, it shouldn't smell at all. On the other hand, I have known quite a few African-American women who washed their hair only once a week because they said it was such a hassle to straighten it after each washing. They don't seem to realize that hair (ANY hair) starts to smell after two or three days, sooner in a hot climate. An African-American woman I worked with once - very attractive, elegant, beautifully dressed - who had shoulder-length hair and washed and straightened it once a week, would have been mortified to know that when people entered an elevator she was in, the first thing they smelled was her dirty hair. I never told her because I didn't have the nerve.

User Detail :  

Name : Susie27506, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 52, City : Cambridge, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : admin, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,